Is this a lavender leghorn?

No we have two other cuckoo maran chicks. We have 3 all together this one and the two cuckoo marans. They are all together in the brooder at the moment.
I meant the parent flock, are they separated into pens or do they mingle.

The chick could be a leghorn x marans cross. Or the breeder keeps black leghorns in with the lavender to keep better feather quality.

I meant the parent flock, are they separated into pens or do they mingle.

The chick could be a leghorn x marans cross. Or the breeder keeps black leghorns in with the lavender to keep better feather quality.
I don’t know we didn’t pick the eggs up from the breeder just the vet

I have Lavender Orpingtons. The chicks are grey with very light yellow on the chest and belly. I also agree it is not lavender or Marans. Looks like possibly a mix.

I have Lavender Orpingtons. The chicks are grey with very light yellow on the chest and belly. I also agree it is not lavender or Marans. Looks like possibly a mix.
Ah ok, is there a possibility that this mix would create white eggs?

If it's a mix with brown egg layer I would guess it will lay brown eggs, how dark of brown will depend on how dark of egg one of the parents lays, if the other parent is a white egg layer it will dilute the brown some.
He hatched from a completely white egg

He hatched from a completely white egg
I was just guessing with the egg color. But if it is a mixed breed I don't think the color of egg it hatches from makes a difference. If it is a pure Black leghorn then it will lay white eggs. If its a mix you will have to wait and see what color egg she lays.

Back
Top Bottom