Is this a pure ameraucana?

Chicken boy 1156

Songster
May 16, 2023
HN Mississippi
Ok so we bought 5 ameraucanas from tractor supply and they’re about 1 week old but one of the ameraucanas is showing barring on some of the feathers. It’s not straight barring thought bc it’s kinda swoovey on it. If is pure how on earth did it develop that?

Sorry, if it came from tsc, it can't be an Ameraucana. They source from hatcheries that don't carry the real deal. The few hatcheries that do carry them charge way too much and don't breed for the best quality. And the color is not right, for sure.
Anyone wanting Ameraucana should source them from a breeder.

Sorry, if it came from tsc, it can't be an Ameraucana. They source from hatcheries that don't carry the real deal. The few hatcheries that do carry them charge way too much and don't breed for the best quality. And the color is not right, for sure.
Anyone wanting Ameraucana should source them from a breeder.
Yeah, they’re definitely Easter Eggers.

Well luckily they said they bought outer black ameraucana from a chicken breeder so we know it’s pure
Why would you ask if you already are sure of what you got? Trust whatever intuition told you to question it. TSC doesn't carry Ameraucanas; they carry Americanas aka "sounds close enough, looks close enough".

Post pics. It's possible, but if there is barring I doubt they are pure. Well, if they are barred, they are definitely not pure.
The few hatcheries that do carry them charge way too much and don't breed for the best quality.
The ones I got from cackle seriously impressed me. They were overpriced, but I was not expecting them to be as good as they were.

Back
Top Bottom