Is this a rat?

yuckyuck.gif

Careful if you do catch a skunk though! I hear hydrogen peroxide works better than tomato juice.

Actually shaving cream, "Barbasol" works the best. My wonderful dog got sprayed 3 times in 4 weeks we tried everything then I read about shaving cream. Cream was definitely the best at removing the odor, although not 100 percent, but at least we could breath again lol. Just an opinion...;)

Actually shaving cream, "Barbasol" works the best. My wonderful dog got sprayed 3 times in 4 weeks we tried everything then I read about shaving cream. Cream was definitely the best at removing the odor, although not 100 percent, but at least we could breath again lol. Just an opinion...
wink.png
I remember my chocolate lab Tallulah getting sprayed, and I think my parents went though about 3 gallons of tomato puree. It didn't do diddly squat, and I think we all smelt a bit skunky for a good month. I'll have to remember the Barbasol tip, as I'm sure its only a matter of time before my new pup gets christened by one herself.

I have not tried this myself but have heard it works great. Mix powdered Fast Set (a drywall or wallboard compound) with dry oatmeal and place in a dish. Make sure there is enough for a larger animal to eat all he wants. Then just wait. If they eat it it should kill them quickly as the oatmeal will soak up the animals water content and the Fast Set will harden in the stomach, throat and gut. When used on mice they never get more than 5 feet from the bowl before they die. I don't know that it will work on this animal but it is worth a try. Get the fastest acting Fast set you can find. Five minute should keep him close so you can find him. Hope you catch him.

That sounds pretty safe and easy if dish is pushed down in hole where birds can't get to it. Then the culprit could be identified. Hope it's not too good to be true. I have mice under my shed so I think I may go try and find some Fast Set and see what happens.

Oh my.... I can not wait to see MF. The suspense is killing me. :lol:
Glad he killed himself and is no longer a problem. For being so smart and avoiding all your attempts at capture, he was quite stupid to drown in the kiddie pool.

Back
Top Bottom