Is This A Rooster?

My 16 week old rooster started now crowing at 2am.. I'm so not happy as he is crowing all hours of the day/night. I have him for adoption as i didnt want a rooster and was told the chicks were hens. If you don't want him you will have a hard time getting him a new home as no one really wants roosters unfortunately due to their habits.

Last edited:
I know hens grow combs at different rates, so is it that it grew so fast thst makes him a rooster or is there another feature you see? I guess I'm just hoping he's not a rooster as that's what I ordered. I have to get a special permit to have roosters and even then my neighbor will lose his mind if he learns to crow. My friends are actually raising barred rocks for meat and eggs, so they got straight run to use the guys for meat and if its a he I'll probably send him to the same guy for meat.

Besides the large comb, the feathers on the neck also look lighter and pointed, which you see in males. Although hens can develop combs at different rates, at only seven weeks it sure looks like a roo to me. Sorry, I just had to rehome two roos, so I know it stinks.

I appreciate the help! It's a disappoinment, but that's life. I guess we're going to need t come up with another name for him then since the kids have been calling him Queeny. We assumed he was the top chick so I told the kids he was the queen to explain why he was in charge and Queeny stuck :)

Back
Top Bottom