Is this an Ameraucana?

I'm not sure, but that is not the right color for blue wheaten in Ameraucanas. It's much paler, like wheaten OEGBs.
Yep. I haven't found any mainstream hatcheries that sell blue wheaten, if I had, I wouldn't have lavender and white, haha. Cackle is the only one I've found that sells more than BBS, and they don't have BBS wheaten.

I'm not sure, but that is not the right color for blue wheaten in Ameraucanas. It's much paler, like wheaten OEGBs.
Oh, I'm aware of what the color looks like. She's just Blue Wheaton-esque and only because she's got blue and brown. She certainly wouldn't be genetically pure for that color.

I got this hen back in July as a chick from a feed store claiming she's an Ameraucana. I don't know anything about differentiating Easter Eggers from Ameraucanas. She lays blue eggs, not green. She has slate colored legs, as you can see in the picture.
Regardless of breed, what color is she? I can't find a color title that would fit her.
I've included a picture of her as a couple day old chick.
View attachment 3406797
View attachment 3406796
View attachment 3406795
She kinda looks likes my three Amricanas that r different even tho I basically call them easter eggers, but I technically have two hens cause one turned out to be a rooster, so yeah .
She's very pretty, how old is she??

She kinda looks likes my three Amricanas that r different even tho I basically call them easter eggers, but I technically have two hens cause one turned out to be a rooster, so yeah .
She's very pretty, how old is she??
How many chickens do you have?

She just turned a year old last month, in the picture she around 7 months old. I agree, her coloring is pretty! She's probably the least friendly of my chickens though lol

That's awesome! Her name was Trouble, I really loved her color (and personality) so she was a tough one to lose
I'm sure she was!
Mine that looks just like that one is super cute cause she's always pouncing around an being playful, and getting friendlier and more friendly then her sister 😅

I got this hen back in July as a chick from a feed store claiming she's an Ameraucana. I don't know anything about differentiating Easter Eggers from Ameraucanas. She lays blue eggs, not green. She has slate colored legs, as you can see in the picture.
Regardless of breed, what color is she? I can't find a color title that would fit her.
I've included a picture of her as a couple day old chick.
View attachment 3406797
View attachment 3406796
View attachment 3406795
The third picture is clearly the silver legs. It can be an Ameraucana even if the colors are non-standard.

Back
Top Bottom