Is this baby peacock a male or female?

Pics
The 2 chicks are one male and one female. I think the op just mixed them up when taking pics of they are not used to noting differences.

Nurse, the hen has more of a crest on her head and is mostly all dark on her back. The next pic has to be her brother because the facial markings are different. Look closely at the pics of the faces, blow them up and you will see subtle differences. Also males will have more bars on their back.

The 2 chicks are one male and one female. I think the op just mixed them up when taking pics of they are not used to noting differences.

Nurse, the hen has more of a crest on her head and is mostly all dark on her back. The next pic has to be her brother because the facial markings are different. Look closely at the pics of the faces, blow them up and you will see subtle differences. Also males will have more bars on their back.

Maybe I mixed up the pics of the chicks. So the males first get a white chest like the female then? Thanks for your help, I have learned so much this first year :)

Maybe I mixed up the pics of the chicks. So the males first get a white chest like the female then? Thanks for your help, I have learned so much this first year
smile.png
Yes he will
wink.png

I was hoping someone could help me determining the sex of my peachicks. They are about a month and a half old. One is significantly larger, has a larger crest, larger feet, both born at the same time, but I can't be for sure of the sex. I did read that males are usually bigger than females, so I'm hoping this is a male and female, but not sure. Their coloring is pretty similiar and I see barring on both of them, so I don't what to go off of. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was hoping someone could help me determining the sex of my peachicks. They are about a month and a half old. One is significantly larger, has a larger crest, larger feet, both born at the same time, but I can't be for sure of the sex. I did read that males are usually bigger than females, so I'm hoping this is a male and female, but not sure. Their coloring is pretty similiar and I see barring on both of them, so I don't what to go off of. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I'm guessing both are males. The barring with these guys is what you should sex them off of.

Last edited:
I guess I need to try and find a peahen since it seems as though these two are both male. I appreciate you letting me know what to base sexing them off of, thank you for your help!

B]

I thought this little one was a black shoulder, but now I'm told it might be an Indian Blue. It's about 3 months old. What's your guess, male or female?

Please help! My peachick is about a week old and is so weak it can barely stand. Her breathing looks normal but you can tell she is sick. I beleive it is cocci and i have given it corid because thats what ive been reading online to do. She is still fading slowly and i started the meds yesterday. What do i do?! Im already attached to it because its personality was so lively and fun as soon as it was bor

Back
Top Bottom