Is this bumblefoot?

onager

Hatching
7 Years
Dec 31, 2012
Is this bumblefoot? She's not limping at all and walking quite normally. I would've snapped a picture of the bottom of her feet, but I only have two hands, so I couldn't, but it doesn't look like she has any cuts or open abscess. Thanks for all help in advance.

If you click the picture, it'll get bigger and you can see more closely. Unless I need to get an even closer shot?

It's black specs on the top of her paddles and on her leg. The specs aren't raised (like a scab) and they aren't on the bottom of her feet.

Bumblefoot typically occurs on the bottoms of their feet. That isn't bumblefoot at all, could just be her pigmentation. Or possibly some other skin issue? Have her legs/feet always looked like that, or has this shown up recently?

They came up maybe in the past couple months, perhaps even six? She's just over 2 years old (26 months to be exact) and just finished this year's molt.

Ok, strange that a pigmentation like that would show up at her age. Has her bill always looked like that? Maybe she does have some sort of skin issue going on. I don't know what it could be though, so hopefully someone else will see this and shed some light.

Her bill's looked like that for well over a year. When she was at the vet about a year ago, I forgot to bring it up and the vet never mentioned anything about it.

My drake had a problem with his bill that was sorted out with some antibiotics. He also had bad feet which were also healed with antibiotics. Are there any thorns or foreign bodies in the foot?

Back
Top Bottom