Votes: 8 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Consider down sizing flock

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Theres always room for a few more with the space I have

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
That quality (looks and material) for $200 or less is really impressive. It's got a lot more character than a simple "box design." Go ahead and send em my way. I however am going to try to use my own lumber (tons of trees waiting to be processed). However, something like that, but painted red...may just do the trick!
Its completely framed, floored, pressure treated stilts. With a back door hatch for easy cleaning, and doors on the nesters. With also enough 2x4s left over to build a sled to drag it 100 ft to the back yard.
We were given some free material by some locals so we weren't out with the shingles or chicken wire. But i'm sure for how many shingles we used it would be 200 flat.
I will post my floor plans a little later but I do remember
30 2x4s
3 1x2s
2 8x4 decent but cheap wood. 1 for flooring. 1/2 for roof, 1/2 for both nesting doors.
3 8x4 slabs of weather resistant siding wood. We had about half a slab left over possible will use it to cover in the stilts.
2 4x4 pressure treated wood (for stilts)
All 2x4s 1x2s 4x4s were 8ft long
1 box Nails,1 box Screws, 2 Latches, 2 3pk Hinges, 2 vents for air flow
60lb bag of concrete

tools we used
Mitter saw
Circulor Saw
Hammer
Drill

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I'm excited to never have to buy eggs again, as now we are buying close to 18 eggs a week at the store.
Amen to that! We just bought some eggs (cheapest ones) for $2 a dozen. It doesn't sound like much, but that's just for 2 people, with low-usage, I bet the first time we collect farm-fresh, all natural eggs...it'll be like christmas...

I'll say this about the eggs. Not sure when the last 'fresh eggs' you ate were, if ever. Be prepared for a stronger tasting egg! Once you've ate them, you'll wonder why store bought are so bland.....

Its completely framed, floored, pressure treated stilts. With a back door hatch for easy cleaning, and doors on the nesters. With also enough 2x4s left over to build a sled to drag it 100 ft to the back yard.
We were given some free material by some locals so we weren't out with the shingles or chicken wire. But i'm sure for how many shingles we used it would be 200 flat.
I will post my floor plans a little later but I do remember
30 2x4s
3 1x2s
2 8x4 decent but cheap wood. 1 for flooring. 1/2 for roof, 1/2 for both nesting doors.
3 8x4 slabs of weather resistant siding wood. We had about half a slab left over possible will use it to cover in the stilts.
2 4x4 pressure treated wood (for stilts)
All 2x4s 1x2s 4x4s were 8ft long
1 box Nails,1 box Screws, 2 Latches, 2 3pk Hinges, 2 vents for air flow
60lb bag of concrete

tools we used
Mitter saw
Circulor Saw
Hammer
Drill
Welcome to BYC. Would be interested in seeing the plans.

I'll say this about the eggs. Not sure when the last 'fresh eggs' you ate were, if ever. Be prepared for a stronger tasting egg! Once you've ate them, you'll wonder why store bought are so bland.....
Mr. Chaz, I have never had a fresh egg. My husband and I were very much city kids. And we have recently been given free minds with an acre of land, that we plan on having plenty of live stock. lol. I'm excited. ive seen the pictures of a fresh egg, compared to store. And read that it has more aminos, omegas, and just overal healthier, which is something i'm looking forward too.

Back
Top Bottom