Is This Feed Providing Enough Nutrition for My Coturnix Quail?

KGQuail

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2018
Hello everyone,

I will be/have purchased some Organic Turkey Crumble (25%) for my quail, from New Country Organics. Below I have listed the ingredients. Does anyone know if this would have enough nutrition for my quail? It is hard finding an affordable organic, soy-free option in game bird feed. I haven't been able to find anyone local, so I have to resort to having it shipped which raises the prices quite a bit!

Thanks for any help you might be able to give!

KGQuail

INGREDIENTS

25.00%
Organic Peas, Fish Meal, Organic Corn, Organic Wheat, Organic Rice Protein, Organic Flaxseed, Organic Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Dried Organic Kelp, Monocalcium Phosphate, Salt, DL Methionine, Vi- tamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Menadione Dimenthylpyrimidinol Bisul te, Ribo avin Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Vi- tamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Manganese Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Organic Vegetable Oil, Dried Aspergil- lus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast culture, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum Fermentation product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation product, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation product. Hydrolyzed yeast, Brewers Dried Yeast, Active Dry Yeast, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation product.

Attachments

• f50-turky-start_v.8.0.pdf
    297.3 KB · Views: 1
Have you started feeding them it yet? Our feed store recommended New Country Organics as well so we're doing the same thing. (First timer and the little guys are still in the incubator) So I'm curious how they take to it. Thanks for posting!

No I have not am still doing research. Will let you know as soon as I do though. Or maybe you can tell me how it goes for you!

Have you started feeding them it yet? Our feed store recommended New Country Organics as well so we're doing the same thing. (First timer and the little guys are still in the incubator) So I'm curious how they take to it. Thanks for posting!

We use New Country Organics too!!! Friends of ours had ducks & they recommended NCO to us. Also, since Hubs & I both have a soy allergy we wanted to avoid that. While it isn't cheap, we bought it in bulk & our garage is now silly full. I think it was worth it though.
Our Coturnix quail are a few days from 6 weeks old & they are fat, happy, & seem healthy. We started them on the turkey starter & have now switched them to turkey grower formula.
When they hit 8 weeks we have a decision to make. If we cull all of the boys we could switch to duck layer feed (since layer feed has calcium & that isn't good for boys). Or if we keep some boys around then we'll have to have a calcium station & decide what feed to stay with.

I'm researching raising quail for eggs because I'm allergic to chicken and soy. So naturally I want to go with a soy free food and have been struggling trying to find one. This is the only food I've found so far.... I wish it didn't have fish in it but I guess it's better than soy.

Back
Top Bottom