Is this fox poop outside the chicken run?

Henfla

Songster
Apr 29, 2022
Tromsø, Norway
On friday I was inside while my chickens were locked up in their run. Suddently one of my hens made a very alarming noise (at first I didn't even think it was my hens because I have never heard them make a sound like that before, but the sound made me jump up and run outside as fast as I could because it was like an air raid alarm) and I couldn't see any predator, but probably it ran away fast. And one metre from the run I found this.
I know there is fox in this area, but I have never seen one myself. I'm wondering if you think it's fox poop or it if is from another animal?
I'm a bit nervous about going to work tomorrow after this, but I do have a skirt around the run that I have weighted down with stones, so it shouldn't be easy for a fox to dig it's way inside.
20220904_102209.jpg

May be fox - may be dog/coyote depending upon size. If it is fox or coyote, I would expect to see hair in the feces.
Thanks! We don't have coyote here (I live in Norway). I could see hair. So then it's probably a fox. I feel very nervous about my chickens now, because this was also in the middle of the day. I hope they will stay safe inside their run, but maybe I should try to amplify the fence just to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom