Is this Guinevere or Lancelot?

bjwil

Chirping
May 3, 2019
I was given this young bird by a local person who’s been raising chickens for several years, along with another, and told both are pullets. But this Little dude’s tail is becoming longer and more arched by the day and I’m beginning to wonder if Guinevere is really Lancelot. S/he goes after the other pullet any time s/he can and I began to wonder if perhaps s/he isn’t attacking her but rather mounting her. They’re both about four months old. I’m new to this chook game so the thoughts of someone more experienced are appreciated.

Attachments

• F0FDF6B9-C0F9-46AC-B646-FF1BDD023EBF.jpeg
    F0FDF6B9-C0F9-46AC-B646-FF1BDD023EBF.jpeg
    615.2 KB · Views: 42
  • B4DAD078-EF23-41EC-9A2E-D8150A533585.jpeg
    B4DAD078-EF23-41EC-9A2E-D8150A533585.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 38
I was given this young bird by a local person who’s been raising chickens for several years, along with another, and told both are pullets. But this Little dude’s tail is becoming longer and more arched by the day and I’m beginning to wonder if Guinevere is really Lancelot. S/he goes after the other pullet any time s/he can and I began to wonder if perhaps s/he isn’t attacking her but rather mounting her. They’re both about four months old. I’m new to this chook game so the thoughts of someone more experienced are appreciated.
Lancelot. I’m sure.

Can I see pics of the other?

Can I see pics of the other?

my other roo, currently on death row, attacked this one pretty badly a couple of months ago so s/he has been a house chook while s/he healed. S/he is back in the flock now and the hens tolerate her/him pretty at this point. Lancelot goes after her/him when he can but avoids the hens. I don’t see any interaction between him and them.

Attachments

• 44FF75B9-B2D0-4EC8-8BB1-71D746A2BD0C.jpeg
    44FF75B9-B2D0-4EC8-8BB1-71D746A2BD0C.jpeg
    685.3 KB · Views: 35
my other roo, currently on death row, attacked this one pretty badly a couple of months ago so s/he has been a house chook while s/he healed. S/he is back in the flock now and the hens tolerate her/him pretty at this point. Lancelot goes after her/him when he can but avoids the hens. I don’t see any interaction between him and them.
That’s a girl!

Back
Top Bottom