Is this the right place to say hello ? :)

A big chilly welcome from Alberta, Canada! Beautiful feathered friends you have there! I love Betty's coloring, and she looks like an awesome mom!

Tanya
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
G'day Melissa! Welcome.

Gee... I thought I had the goofiest dog name..."Puckeez"... here's mine - My husband has called her that ever since I brought her home. Her real name is Tess but she doesn't know that!
dog1.jpg

-Lynn

Oh my, what a warm welcome!! Thank you all sooo very much..

As for Betty's sleeping arrangements.. This has haunted us since she arrived. We have tried desperately to find her roosting spot.
I am currently saving up for a custom-made hen house, I picked out from a brochure from the local feed n seed shop. Like I said in my profile, my husband is the furthest thing from a handy man.
smile.png
I'm the one that actually fixes many things around the house.

We have searched and searched for this hen's roost or nest.. but cannot find it! Thats what made us think she was going back across/under the fence. We did check along the fence line - there is no where that she could go through and bring the babies with her. So, she definitely hatched those cuties on this side of the fence. There is at least 4 possibilities... my garden shed, no door.. fronts on to an empty aviary. My husbands garage area - I've been shutting this at night just in case. And in the back veggie patch - which Betty loves.. there's an old red hen house (half of one actually, it has a few boards missing.. but still has the roost(s) and nesting areas.) I went as far back as I can at dusk one night - but I could not see if she was actually in the old hen house. We have looked all over the yard for the cracked egg shells from the babies. No such luck.. This hen should be in charge of hiding Easter Eggs!!

Anyway.. I thought about trying to coax them into the aviary at night.. but hubby says I might scare her to death. I should have her new house right after the new year. We just had no idea they were so $$. I spoke with hubby over the past few days about repairing the old hen house.. as many times I find Betty and babies back there during the day. It's shady and has many many bugs to play with.
big_smile.png

Either way, I'll keep you all updated on Betty
smile.png

@LynnGrigg - awwwwwwwwww oh my!! What a sweet Mum and babies! Pook has many names - Maggie, Magdaline(when she's been naughty), pluckie, pluckiedoodledoo (one of my fav), Boobooeyes, babycakes, boop-de-boo, Cujo, Piglet

Back
Top Bottom