Is this the start of cocci?

This is what I also wondered, as I said google was conflicting and I’d rather be safe than sorry!
It will do no harm to treat for coccidiosis if you're unsure. But better than going by poop (bloody coccidiosis poop generally looks more like menstrual blood, so noticeably bloody) is by behavior: chicks with coccidiosis will be noticeably lethargic.

Welcome to BYC!! :frow

As per what @rosemarythyme said above, intestinal shedding is normal. There's also cecal poop every 10 or so poops and that reeks worse than their usual poops.

As long as you started Corid, it won't hurt them to finish it though, just make sure to supplement their water with vitamins like Nutra Drench or Poultry Cell after and give probiotics like Greek Yogurt or that powder you can put in their water. We use Hydro-Hen for chicks and adults. I'd do both every other day for a couple of weeks.

Here's a chart for Corid.

Corid dosage chart.jpg

Welcome to BYC!! :frow

As per what @rosemarythyme said above, intestinal shedding is normal. There's also cecal poop every 10 or so poops and that reeks worse than their usual poops.

As long as you started Corid, it won't hurt them to finish it though, just make sure to supplement their water with vitamins like Nutra Drench or Poultry Cell after and give probiotics like Greek Yogurt or that powder you can put in their water. We use Hydro-Hen for chicks and adults. I'd do both every other day for a couple of weeks.

Here's a chart for Corid.

View attachment 3818341
I have hydro hen I will be using! Thank you so much for the information and chart!

Back
Top Bottom