Is wing clipping any type of parrot an act of cruelty?

No, it’s not cruel. I don’t know how many times I’ve been contacted by someone who had a bird fly out of their house, slam into a window or ceiling fan, slip into a large open water source like an aquarium and toilet and drown, or fly into another dangerous situation like another household pet, another bird, stovetops or candle flames.

People can argue all day about how flying is natural. Fine. It is not natural for a bird to encounter the dangers of living in a household if it was wild.

People can do what they want, but I for one have always kept my birds’ wings clipped after they’ve learned to fly as juveniles in order to keep them safe.

If you don’t like it, you don’t have to. They are mine and it is my decision. :)

I will say this. If I don't clip the wing feathers of my African gray and he chews on the sheetrock in my garage one more time, his health will be severely compromised. Clipped wings are his best escape from me going medieval on him.
Another response from an experienced person!

No, it’s not cruel. I don’t know how many times I’ve been contacted by someone who had a bird fly out of their house, slam into a window or ceiling fan, slip into a large open water source like an aquarium and toilet and drown, or fly into another dangerous situation like another household pet, another bird, stovetops or candle flames.

People can argue all day about how flying is natural. Fine. It is not natural for a bird to encounter the dangers of living in a household if it was wild.

People can do what they want, but I for one have always kept my birds’ wings clipped after they’ve learned to fly as juveniles in order to keep them safe.

If you don’t like it, you don’t have to. They are mine and it is my decision. :)
X2

Oh goodness, I didn't even think about trials by water or fire!

Back
Top Bottom