ISA-Brown page. :)))))))

I posted a bit ago that I thought that one of my pullets (Penny) would start laying soon. As I was sitting in the chicken coop doing my AP European History reading, one of the other ISA girls (Annie) went into the nesting box and laid her first egg right in front of me! She is 18 wks and 5 days old.

I posted a bit ago that I thought that one of my pullets (Penny) would start laying soon. As I was sitting in the chicken coop doing my AP European History reading, one of the other ISA girls (Annie) went into the nesting box and laid her first egg right in front of me! She is 18 wks and 5 days old.
thumbsup.gif
yippiechickie.gif

What color eggs do your isa hens usually lay?(dark, medium, or light brown?) and could someone post a picture of the eggs? I am expecting one of my isa pullets to start laying soon! She's 17 weeks 5 days old and has :Dbeen squatting for a week or two, has a red comb and wattles, and I can fit almost tree fingers between her pelvic bones!(I'm not sure if that's accurate though... Can someone confirm it?) I'm so excited by the thought that we'll be getting fresh eggs!
big_smile.png

Penny
I have two Isas. One lays quite dark, pointy eggs and the others are almost white. So I don't know what the usual is!

Hello, just wanted to give an update, my ISA's are now 17 weeks old. They just started laying yesterday. And 3 started to lay on the same day. 2 used the nesting boxes and1 laid outside in the run

Dont have a pic on the PC :(

Anyway. I got my ISA Brown, Missy a few weeks back. She is such a sweet lil thing!!!! She would run up to the steps if anyone come close to the door to see if she gets any treats, and she'll come sprinting if she sees us from a distance. We found 3 eggs in the nest box last Saturday(Because we presumed they wouldn't. The other two are 15 weekers) and she's been laying everyday since. We all say she's working too hard but....we'll just try and give her a bit of treats....

Her eggs are getting bigger and bigger each day. They are a light brown color. Was a little speckled until I cut down the grit. Anyway, she's lovely.

I found her to be VERY VOCAL. She just gets excited whenever someone comes.

Dont have a pic on the PC :(

Anyway. I got my ISA Brown, Missy a few weeks back. She is such a sweet lil thing!!!! She would run up to the steps if anyone come close to the door to see if she gets any treats, and she'll come sprinting if she sees us from a distance. We found 3 eggs in the nest box last Saturday(Because we presumed they wouldn't. The other two are 15 weekers) and she's been laying everyday since. We all say she's working too hard but....we'll just try and give her a bit of treats....

Her eggs are getting bigger and bigger each day. They are a light brown color. Was a little speckled until I cut down the grit. Anyway, she's lovely. 

I found her to be VERY VOCAL. She just gets excited whenever someone comes. 

Missy sounds like my. Lisa. She has so much character compared to my other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom