ISA-Brown page. :)))))))

is it 'normal' for a chick to be so cuddly? When we picked out the chicks, the one that I pulled out, she pretty much came right to my hand. And since we've brought them home, the same chick will jump up into my hand when I put it in the brooder. She will nestle herself into my hands and fall right asleep, and then cheep like crazy if I try to put her down. She won't go to my daughter or my husband like she does to me, it's a little strange LOL

Sometimes you may have a chick that enjoys being held and sometimes as they get older they want to be more independent. I had a young cockerel that loved to be held when he was a chick but as he got older the less often he would want to be held.

I have heard different things and thought I would ask isa owners. Is it true that if you don't supplement light their first winter laying that they won't let up and keep laying regardless? Mine are 6 months old and still laying everyday. I am going to put their electricity in this weekend, but wanted to ask.

I have heard different things and thought I would ask isa owners. Is it true that if you don't supplement light their first winter laying that they won't let up and keep laying regardless? Mine are 6 months old and still laying everyday. I am going to put their electricity in this weekend, but wanted to ask.
I have night lights in all of my coops. My youngsters lay regardless but the older girls they seem to do better with the light. I used to have my lights on a timer but now I just have night lights in all of the coops with no timer.

Mine are ex battery hens.....
welcome-byc.gif
I love that you rescued battery hens. Good luck and have fun...

Looks like not much going on here...no post since december but will post anyway. I am replacing my entire flock of buff orpingtons with isa browns from townline so they should be the authentic birds. Had to sell off my bo's in order to leave home for a few weeks to attend to sick relative and had NO ONE to take care of the chickens so they had to go...fortunately they sold very quick.

I have 25 ISA browns scheduled to ship 2/29...looking forward to see how these birds do. I have read a LOT about the ups and downs of keeping sex links bred for high egg production but I want to try them.

I REALLY like the bo's...great back yard chicks but just wanted to try something different. Anyone have any recent experience with these chicks (isa)...especially from townline...?

All of my chickens are from Townline, but I bought them from my local farm store. I am very happy with them. They are happy, healthy chickens! I have a mixed flock with 2 ISA Browns. I got them in May 2015 and they laid their first eggs in September and they have rarely missed a day since!

Many years ago I had ISA Browns from Townline. they were my most productive egg layers. I think these pictures are of my ISA Browns. I have been breeding my own Sex-Links over the years too and have pictures of both and they look alike. I may have posted these pictures before.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom