Isa Browns?

OurBackyardFarm

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2016
Pennsylvania

So, after reading way too many articles last night, I started to question my "girls". First, do they look like a true Isa brown? Second, do they appear to be pullets? And last, any idea on age? I was under the impression that they are a week and 2 days as of today. But...now I'm starting to wonder. Lol. They are trying to fly! Is that normal? Oh my goodness, so much to learn about chickens. Lol

They look like they've got the right golden chick down of red sexlink pullets. They look like they are about 2 weeks old. It should be fairly easy to spot any boys as they feather in. Males feather in solid white and get some red/gold feathering as they mature. Females have white primary feathers and tails, but the overall should feather in gold/red/brown.

Oh good!!! I was seriously panicking for a minute there. Not that it would matter too much because I love them all so much but still....lol. I am curious, 2 of them seem to have shorter feathers than the rest (on the wings and booty), maybe I can get a better picture later. Is that just an individual chicken thing?

Back
Top Bottom