Isbar thread

Those eggs are such an interesting, earthy shade of green...very pretty! Are they on the large side for pullet eggs? Congratulations!
Thank you!

I tried to get a picture for comparison. They aren't as large as that picture made them look. The top egg is normal large size. I am really pleased with the saturation and depth of the green color on them though. Very excited about these 4 pullets!!!

I was wondering if my pullets were EVER going to lay eggs. Look what I found under a piece of plastic sheeting today!

Nice cache! those little hooligans... ETA
love.gif
LOVE the speckles!

Last edited:
Sorry for the slow response. I am in Wyandot County, near Upper Sandusky. My four are mixed 1st and 2nd import (described as mostly 1st), and I am very impressed with them so far. Pictures just DO NOT capture the beautiful colors of this breed!!! Here's my black cockerel, Jack, at just short of 3 months: My daughter loves his "angry grandfather eyebrows." :D
Very pretty. I agree photos don't always show the colors of this breed.

Hi. I am new here. This is my one Isbar that hatched out of six from MyPetChicken a few wks ago. I currently have 6 more in the incubator I put in on 6/7. I'm thinking it is a black pullet? But it has a few lighter spots so I wonder if that is normal. Any suggestions/thoughts would would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi. I am new here. This is my one Isbar that hatched out of six from MyPetChicken a few wks ago. I currently have 6 more in the incubator I put in on 6/7. I'm thinking it is a black pullet? But it has a few lighter spots so I wonder if that is normal. Any suggestions/thoughts would would be appreciated. Thanks!
CONGRATULATIONS on getting an Isbar chick -- I hope your other eggs will hatch successfully! and welcome to BYC. Can't wait to see more pictures!
caf.gif

It's too soon for me to be able to tell your chicks gender. Usually I go by the bigger comb that grows on males and grows redder and big feet. ;O)

Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom