Isbar thread

Pics
Here is my little splash Isbar "Nemo" outside with her friend, Gypsy...the everything Mix! They were having quite the fun on this nice sunny day. Gypsy is only 10 days older than Nemo, but I guess because she is Frizzled, she looks hugh! (At least I hope it is a "she")!

Here is my little splash Isbar "Nemo" outside with her friend, Gypsy...the everything Mix! They were having quite the fun on this nice sunny day. Gypsy is only 10 days older than Nemo, but I guess because she is Frizzled, she looks hugh! (At least I hope it is a "she")!
They are very cute together. Gypsy looks like a frizzle, unless the wind was blowing :)

They are very cute together. Gypsy looks like a frizzle, unless the wind was blowing :)

I just wanted to share a picture of my (almost) 9 month old Isbar cockerel.
I posted pictures of him when he was hatched and a couple at a few months old on this thread.
I originally thought he was a blue.. but looks more splash now.
Very sweet birds, love their dispositions.

My understanding (and I may be incorrect) is that in BBS breeding, if it hatches blue it is a blue- if it has ticking and color streaks as an adult it is still blue genetically, just considered a lower quality blue.

My understanding (and I may be incorrect) is that in BBS breeding, if it hatches blue it is a blue- if it has ticking and color streaks as an adult it is still blue genetically, just considered a lower quality blue.

Thank you I wasn't sure.. I originally thought he was blue but was told he might be a splash.
Here are a couple more blurry pics.. He doesn't sit still for very long.
yippiechickie.gif

So how do we determine the "Quality" of our Isbars? Here is a picture of my 8 month old Blue Isbar roo. Please be honest! I strive for the best :) Plus I am new to the breed :)

So how do we determine the "Quality" of our Isbars? Here is a picture of my 8 month old Blue Isbar roo. Please be honest! I strive for the best
smile.png
Plus I am new to the breed
smile.png
There is no standard that I know of for this breed- I think he is gorgeous either way! But I know in Ameraucanas (BBS) a solid blue hen with a nice lacing to her feathers is preferred to a light blue hen with dark blue "ticking" marks throughout her feathers.

Look who FINALLY gave it up.......................my first Isbar egg!

Deb
WOOHOO!!!
wee.gif
I noticed today both of my pullets are getting BIGGER, REDDER combs!!! I'm hoping sometime in the next month they will start laying!

I just wanted to share a picture of my (almost) 9 month old Isbar cockerel.
I posted pictures of him when he was hatched and a couple at a few months old on this thread.
I originally thought he was a blue.. but looks more splash now.
Very sweet birds, love their dispositions.

he's beautiful! very striking! this is the first splash roo I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom