Isbar thread

I have 2 splash girls that were born this year.  Where are you located?  One we call trash baby because she was 1 WEEK late in hatching and was in a sealed bag awaiting the trash when I heard her chirping!  Great story to share!  

I'm in Georgia. Where are you? I'd love a new little splash!

If anyone is interested I have a dozen eggs posted for auction which ends today at 3:00 CST. I have never offered them as an auction item before...and may not ever again! LOL!

They are on the BYC -

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/754060/the-new-crazy-24hr-auction-thread

If you get them now you will be on track to hatch New Years Day! There is also a New Year's Day Hatch-along that has just begun.

These eggs are from Studly and his band of lovely ladies.

I'm in upstate NY with a cpl extra silverrudd boys one black and one splash about 6 weeks old would love to find them a home (free) and could meet if anyone was interested.

I have a pair of silverudd's blues (a mother and a son) they are both blue and are very splotchy, does anybody know why? I may at some point obtain some blue andalusians, could I cross them in to better the lacing and also add some genetic diversity. What problems may I encounter in my endeavor? I know productivity may go down a bit, is that correct? However I've read that if they address line bred for too many generations that could happen too?

I have a pair of silverudd's blues (a mother and a son) they are both blue and are very splotchy, does anybody know why? I may at some point obtain some blue andalusians, could I cross them in to better the lacing and also add some genetic diversity. What problems may I encounter in my endeavor? I know productivity may go down a bit, is that correct? However I've read that if they address line bred for too many generations that could happen too?
What do you mean by "splotchy"? Do they have a lot of black feathers?

Personally, I wouldn't cross them with another breed. It'll be generations before they'll again truly be Isbars and you probably won't gain much in the way of improvements. Productivity can go down if inbred too much, but chickens can handle a bit of inbreeding before that happens.

What do you mean by "splotchy"? Do they have a lot of black feathers?

Personally, I wouldn't cross them with another breed. It'll be generations before they'll again truly be Isbars and you probably won't gain much in the way of improvements. Productivity can go down if inbred too much, but chickens can handle a bit of inbreeding before that happens. 
they look like they are splash except they are blue with darker splashes I'll get a picture tomorrow, he is currently in with his mom, a leghorn and a jersey giant X leghorn hen. More to give his mom a little breathing room than anything else

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom