island of o'ahu

afchicken

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
ohio
im getting ready to move to hawaii in july'ish and would like to establish some friends before i get there as i have heard the locals are not always friendly to visitors this is only online forum i visit so figured id try to meet somebodey on here before getting there.

nobodey from hawaii?

I am in Hawaii! The big island though. I was not raised here. Moved here from CA when I was 26. Been raising my lil white kids here for 16 years. What I have found with "locals" is, don't have an attitude and they won't. My 2 older kids went to a very very local elementary and high school. They never had a single problem. I have heard of families moving here when their kids were teenagers and having some problems. There is a bumper sticker.. "we don't care how you do it on the mainland". Come to Hawaii with an accepting humble attitude and you will never have a single problem.

Why moving to Oahu? Work? You should come visit the Big Island... so much less "city". We love it here.

Hello, welcome to Oahu! :D I've lived here all my life and love it. Since you are going to live at Hickam you should be alright. Big community of military families. There are couple of public schools around the area that have a lot of military kids too. Assuming you have kids....

Hawaii people are not how they make us to be in the movies. We are accepting. Hawaii is a big melting pot of ethnicities. As Christie said if you have an attitude, we won't just take it.

I do have to warn you though.... Hawaii people do not drive like the mainland people. I don't know why... Frustrates me. change lanes without blinking or cut right in front of you... Argh.. But not too much stories of road rage here... Thank goodness.

One more thing, traffic is horrendous here. :/ We have the worst traffic in the nation. No kidding we are number one. Lol...

I agree with Christie, love the big island wish we could move there. Peaceful and laid back. Great place to relax.

Back
Top Bottom