Isn't it great being right?

Razzle

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 23, 2012
Alfred, ON
I don't know if I'm the only one who faced this sort of kickback when they first told people they were going to get chickens but I remember my mom, dad, brothers, friends, friends of my brothers -just about everyone- were telling me "Oh, no way you can't take care of farm animals!" "You're not dedicated enough, they are too much work" and my favorite (courtesy of my younger brother) "They'll be cute for like 5 minutes and then they'll grow up and you'll ignore them, and I'll have to take care of them
rant.gif
"

They are now about 7 weeks old, and are growing up beautifully in a coop and run that I built for them by myself, eat food that I help out at an elderly womans hobby-farm to earn, and eat treats that I make from scratch at home!

So just a few days ago, I asked my bros, "Hey, do you remember saying that you'd both be willing to bet 20$ each that I wouldn't be able to take care of chickens? Well I don't even want it, all I want is for you both to admit that you were wrong, and I was right!"
gig.gif
It was too funny to see them turn all red
tongue.png
just goes to show, when a woman sets her mind to something there's not much you can do or say to discourage her!
wink.png

I didn't have problems with family... They understand that once I decide on something it will get done, one way or another. I did however have issues with some old friends saying discouraging things. Especially giving me warnings like "my brother had chicks and then ended up with salmonella" "so-in-so bought so-in-so chicks as a joke and this bad thing happened"

I did defend my position on the chicks when I got them, and I do live 40 miles from nowhere on 15 acres. I didn't get them as a joke (cannot believe someone would do that!).

Back
Top Bottom