ISO breeders in USA of Specialty Brahmas and Svart Honas???

4LuvOfChxs

Songster
Jul 6, 2022
Southern Colorado
Hey, Dear BYC Folks! I'm sending out a query for the following breeds...

-Buff Laced Brahmas-
-Lemon Pyle Brahmas-
and
-Swedish Svart Honas

Are there any of these breeds available in the USA? Does anyone know of any reputable breeders with flocks in the US who may have available birds? A few years ago I found links to breeders of all three breeds, but in searching now, there seems to be NOTHING available!!! 🫤

I would appreciate any info regarding the aforementioned breeds! A big "THANK YOU!" in advance! ❤️:jumpy❤️

Google breeder clubs for these breeds. If so, then they often have member directories.

Join American Poultry Assn (APA), they have a members guide, and info. Also, the largest poultry show in US is held in Nov in Columbus, Ohio. Huge: thousands of entries.

Search NPIP website. You need to find the stock codes for the breeds, so on left side there is a link to the stock codes. I think you want the codes that begin with “R”. Then, on the part of site with a map, you can search in the states you want for that stock code. Use the “find” function to search the state document. You’ll get names and addresses. Not all breeders are listed, only the ones that are NPIP, but in order to ship chicks, NP IP is required by USPS.

Google breeder clubs for these breeds. If so, then they often have member directories.

Join American Poultry Assn (APA), they have a members guide, and info. Also, the largest poultry show in US is held in Nov in Columbus, Ohio. Huge: thousands of entries.

Search NPIP website. You need to find the stock codes for the breeds, so on left side there is a link to the stock codes. I think you want the codes that begin with “R”. Then, on the part of site with a map, you can search in the states you want for that stock code. Use the “find” function to search the state document. You’ll get names and addresses. Not all breeders are listed, only the ones that are NPIP, but in order to ship chicks, NP IP is required by USPS.
THANK YOU, Acres4Me!!! I sincerely appreciate all this information!

Hello - I just located a breeder in Florida that has buff laced and lemon pile. I found her on FaceBook. Her farm is called Beach Bum Biddies. She actually has 12 different colors of Brahmas. Very nice lady. Rather helpful also. I found her in a Brahma's USA FB group. She was recommended by several people.

Hello - I just located a breeder in Florida that has buff laced and lemon pile. I found her on FaceBook. Her farm is called Beach Bum Biddies. She actually has 12 different colors of Brahmas. Very nice lady. Rather helpful also. I found her in a Brahma's USA FB group. She was recommended by several people.
Hello, are the birds up to standered for shows? I have been looking everywhere for bramas

I bought svart honas from greenfire farms and have 4 cockerels free in Redding CT.

Attachments

• 04184141-4667-4CFC-B482-4C5E6EE1FB51.jpeg
    04184141-4667-4CFC-B482-4C5E6EE1FB51.jpeg
    945.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 5B1679BA-55C0-48D1-9367-9DC74295C982.jpeg
    5B1679BA-55C0-48D1-9367-9DC74295C982.jpeg
    702.7 KB · Views: 2
  • C3BD21F8-25D0-46FC-9D0D-930FB942C905.jpeg
    C3BD21F8-25D0-46FC-9D0D-930FB942C905.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • F45C88B6-99F4-46AF-8DF7-28B506D55367.jpeg
    F45C88B6-99F4-46AF-8DF7-28B506D55367.jpeg
    686.2 KB · Views: 1
I bought svart honas from greenfire farms and have 4 cockerels free in Redding CT.
Thank you, Mrsmalexander8! I sincerely wish you were closer to my location. I'm still ISO the Svart Honas as well as the specific Brahma flocks I mentioned above. Unfortunately, I've been too busy lately to even check in on my BYC thread question until now and I appreciate ALL the info offered! Ya' all are the best!!!

Thank you SO much for this info, Mlbooker!!! I do believe I've found the new supplier for my chicken habit!!! 😂

Back
Top Bottom