It’s me again, Margaret..... or maybe Mark?

Thanks everyone! I ordered from Meyer Hatchery, they were awesome! Ordered 5 got 6. The lavender Orpington pullet I ordered died the day after arrival and they fully refunded me in a day. No questions asked other than was the warmer still warm in the shipper. I like their minimums and breeds. Even helped with ideas to try and save the LO via chat. I will for sure update you all in a few weeks with new photos of the baby.

I recently bought 10 chicks from Ideal Poultry and they shipped 10 chicks in freezing weather. They arrived on the 29th.
1 dead on arrival and 2 died yesterday.
No packing peanut chicks with my order :(
I’m sorry to hear that. What I’ve heard about ideal is local farm stores like Tractor Supply use them and chicks don’t always make it :(

I order from MTHealthy, only because they usually have breeds in stock when other hatcheries don’t. I prefer CackleHatchery but they Never have any breeds in stock, except in the spring. When I order from MTH they gave a me a bonus chick with my other very healthy chicks. Bonus chick was female and they confirmed it. I got an extra EE and that was very exciting! They also let you choose a fair number of chicks, no minimum of 15 or anything, I think you can get at least 3. (You can cheat the minimum per Breed which is like 15, put the minimum per breed in your cart for each breed you want, then go to your cart and change the number, as long as it is at least 3 in total 😈 )

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom