It has begun

I ran a flashlight over a few of the turkey eggs and didn't see anything I could tell for sure. So I will wait a few more days and try again.
hope things go well for your hatch........
That a growing chickie. It just becomes more and more amazing. I'm so happy you are hatching!!
there was lots of oooo'g and aaaahhhhhh'g last night.......

lol, that sounds bad, but wasn't intended to be.

congrats on the fertile eggs Bert, there will be a lot more oohing and awwing before its over with. Take the end tube of some foil or something similar and cut a piece off then black tape it to your flashlight.

congrats on the fertile eggs Bert, there will be a lot more oohing and awwing before its over with. Take the end tube of some foil or something similar and cut a piece off then black tape it to your flashlight.
I plan to build a candling box granny.

but that sounds like a great idea for the mean time. thanks!!

here is a cruddy pic I took last night. but the veins are clearly there!!
BertS I have 2 dozen eggs that will be 7 days on Saturday. I couldn't resist candeling a few yesterday and all 3 I looked at looked just like that! Fingers crossed we both have some cute fluffy babies in 2.5 weeks

My family's 2016 first hatch has been taking place for the last 2 days so far. As of last night the count was 5 KC ducklings 2 drakes and 3 hens and 8 BO and RIR/BO mix with 1 roo and 7 hens, with one more KC this morning but don't know the sex will vent sex when I get home and hope for a couple more.

here is a cruddy pic I took last night. but the veins are clearly there!!

I am glad that I ran across this site as It is good to know that an egg that looks like this is good. I cannot see the vein but glad that it is good.

Back
Top Bottom