It is REALLY windy and my chickens are screaming what should I do? QUICK PLZ

I have two and yes as soon as the wind was going crazy, I put them inside.
My chickens hate it when it gets windy and I have 94 chicken so itā€™s impossible to catch them all and put them in. But they all go in when it is raining or snowing really hard or it is really windy. I just go out and shut the doors. šŸ˜Š

I use a tarp on two sides of my run to stop winds in the winter. Try using a tarp, old blankets or something like it. Put the tarp on the direction that the wind is hitting the coop/run. You should only tarp/blanket the run. They will be fine in the coop. Then you can take it down once the wind is calm.

I use a tarp on two sides of my run to stop winds in the winter. Try using a tarp, old blankets or something like it. Put the tarp on the direction that the wind is hitting the coop/run. You should only tarp/blanket the run. They will be fine in the coop. Then you can take it down once the wind is calm.
Great! I'll keep that in mind.

Just make sure the coop is anchored down. Our first coop like that we tied cinder blocks to the corners so it wouldn't blow over. You also might try setting it up against a structure to block the wind on st least one side.

Back
Top Bottom