It struck again last night!

Do not rule out a gray fox just yet.
If the tracks on the glue trap are larger than a cat's, yes, might be a gray fox, as they have semi-retractable claws.
No scale was given on the glue trap, but I found a photo of a similar one, and if the trap is this big, I could maybe see the tracks being big enough...cat tracks would fit within a quarter's circumference, while the fox's would be perhaps slightly larger than the quarter. Would the fox pile the bodies in the corner? I've seen a mustelid do that first hand.
Regardless of the predator, securing that coop is first priority. Photos of the predator don't change that 4" gap.

Attachments

• 8233101.jpg
    8233101.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 5
If the tracks on the glue trap are larger than a cat's, yes, might be a gray fox, as they have semi-retractable claws.
No scale was given on the glue trap, but I found a photo of a similar one, and if the trap is this big, I could maybe see the tracks being big enough...cat tracks would fit within a quarter's circumference, while the fox's would be perhaps slightly larger than the quarter. Would the fox pile the bodies in the corner? I've seen a mustelid do that first hand.
Regardless of the predator, securing that coop is first priority. Photos of the predator don't change that 4" gap.

If cannot get carcasses out it mite pile them up. You would have someone that is frustrated and not knowing what to do. It would be another example of apparently odd behaviors imposed by confinement.

Back
Top Bottom