It's so beautiful! First EE egg pic

bawkbawkbawk

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Coastal Southern California
I hope I never get over the amazement of finding such a beautiful egg! My pretty little EE laid her first egg yesterday and it's a beauty!

26444_img_4573.jpg

She is the sweetest of my four hens - loves to "help" my husband when he works in the yard.

26444_img_4565.jpg

It was such a shock when I found our first Easter-egger egg, even thought I was expecting them to start laying. They are so beautiful! Congratulations.

That is wonderful..
wee.gif
Her egg is beautiful. Congrats! I still rush home every day to see who has laid. I LOVE your girl helping out. My two are fairly scared of me at the moment as i got them from a farm but both started laying green eggs last week. I am a teacher in the city and my kids are amazed at the colored eggs.
44332_green_egg.jpg

44332_my_eggs_from_yesterday.jpg

Gorgeous. I love the color. I think some EEs may be in my future. Every time I see those lovely eggs I want some EEs.

I, too, have EEr's. Three. I'll never forget that first green egg. My girls are fasinated with getting in our vehicles. So my first EE, Zena the warrior princess, laid her first egg in the jeep. I got two more EE's this spring and one lays a lighter green and one lays an army green. My RIR lay brown of course.
My girls also love to "help" around the house. If you are doing something in the yard-they're there, wantin to know everything you're doing.
We recently were using a bulldozer to do some clearing-after the first day they all had to go over and climb all over it. And forget it if I leave the house door open- the dog food is like chicken crack and i have some real crackheads.
They are just so fun and cute. And everybody that gets the privilege of having some of their eggs just can't believe how much better they are than store bought.

I kissed the first egg that i found in the nest box...i have been getting eggs
now for several months now and am still over joyed.

Back
Top Bottom