It's starting to look good

Gotcha, what size weld wire?
Actually, Frosty asked
wink.png
I have been using chicken wire on the tops of my runs because it handles snow better than netting. But I have seen where some folks say they can fly up into it and break their neck. I have never had problems, knock on wood... My chicken run just has chicken wire around it, I haven't had any raccoons pull anything through. Maybe because the chickens aren't near the wire at night?

If there not near the wire they can't grab them, Chicken wire is not as strong and they can bust though it if they want to, I have it just on the top of my run but it still makes me nervous.

My wire around the sides nothing around here can go through it unless it is a baby animal and they can't hurt anything

I take it you are a smoker, Kind of added a ghost feeling to the pic.

That is 1x2 Weld wire I think I used that on My Chicken coop but they are locked up at night and I free range them so The wire is just there I don't use it. There are many things that can pass though it, But it is better then nothing ( it is more money for that then the 1/2x1/2 or 1/2x1 around here ) You may never have a problem or you may even have a problem just one time but you could lose your whole flock in no time at all.

My Coop is not 100% Secure either. I think you are doing a nice job and it is looking good.

We don't have skunks
Where do you live ? i thought everone had skunks in the US.
Pen is looking really good, i agree with attaching smaller mesh wire to your pen at least on the bottom 2 feet in case a group of coons come and flush your birds on the ground at night at least they won't be grabbing them threw the wire that way.
The bottom half of my chain like pannels are covered with 1/2 inch hardware cloth and the rest of the pen top and all are covered with chicken wire of course my dogs would eat anything that tried to get into the brooder but i have had a coopers hawk try once, that did not go well for the hawk when the Peas spotted it.

Rats and weasels could pass through that easily... I second the suggestion of something with a closer weave on the lower parts.

Back
Top Bottom