Ive had enough of that school!

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
I dont't know were to post this so it will have to be here. I was complaining a while back because of the way the school opposite me hens are kept, i usally go give them some food because they arn't fed and i havnt been for a few days and i went back today they coop was filthy the hens had to lie in the crap and lay in it, they had no food the water bowl was bone dry, there was a ill hen, so i went home got some water and food and give them some, they were starving and so thirsty. Ive had enough of that place.
he.gif

don't waste your time talking to the school. they obviously don't care. go to the admin building. tell them you want this rectified immediately or you'll have a conversation w/the local newspaper. just be nice & matter of fact. it will be fixed that day & probably won't happen again. tomorrow is monday - make them stop this.

johnn,

Since you are aware of problem and know and use proper husbandry techniques, why not be the responsible member of community that helps school do better. Simply having school / students loose privelage of keeping poultry will not be a beneficial as helping them do it correctly. I keep animals for educational and research purposes at the university level and work with K-12 schools attempting to do similar on smaller scale. The K-12 schools have serious problems I do not have, specifically they do not have students or technicians or self that come in on weekends and holidays like I do. The K-12 schools often have serious security related problems with weekend access because of student maturity and lack of funding for a technician. Offer to donate your time to help with weekends. As a responsible adult member of community, they may give such option consideration.

That reminds me of a time when I was 17 or 18 years old. There were these Ferrel kittens that no one could get near. I caught these kids 11 or 12 years old waiting for the kittens to come out of hiding. when they did they started chucking rocks at them. When I saw this I picked up some golf ball sized rocks and threw them at the kids. They started screaming, HEY CUT THAT OUT! I yelled back, What, You Don't Like It? I never saw them around there again.
I'm glad your one of the good people who watch out for defenseless creatures.

if you are concerned, then call. If not, go over to the school and offer your services with taking care of the birds "after hours" and on holidays.

Believe me im close to it!, i will have words and get them to know they need to improve, if not they i will happily report them

I would if i had the room!:(, but the person who rents my uncles feild says no more!, but i know a farm and a friend that would have them and they would live in a feild being well cared for

Back
Top Bottom