I've never eaten....

I've never eaten sushi or organ meat and never will. I've tried most other foods and BTW, Haggis isn't really bad. It was pretty good as a matter of fact.

Lots of show and movies I haven't seen but I would have if I wanted to. Just don't watch alot of TV.

My nonna never put pepperoni in her sauce either.
tongue.png

But she did throw a lot of bones in it. Pork bones, beef, and sausage....sometimes chicken if there was an odd piece left over from something. It was nummy. Did your nonna ever put the pasta board on the kitchen table and pour polenta on it? And then everyone would sit around the table with little bowls of sauce and lots of cheese eating their own little section of the polenta?

memories.......
love.gif

I have never eaten...
Most organ meats..(I have tried liver though...yuck!)
Bugs..(nor will i ever..unless i'm starving..)
Chicken feet.. (just not gonna happen.. )
Pigs feet (see above)
Animal tongue (see above above..)
Animal testicles (ditto..)
Balut (
sickbyc.gif
)
Sushi (i'd be willing to try it..)
fish eggs *caviar* ( i'd try them too)
Haggis ( *gulp*..I guess i'd try it once...
hide.gif
..)
Blood sausage ( NO!! never.. i saw one once with CLOTS in it.....That stuff just isnt right... .**barf**.)

Things i have eaten:
All the basic meats.. Fish, seafood, poultry, beef, pork, venision, wild boar, veal
I cant list everything that i have eaten.. its alot..trust me...
roll.png

Things that i have tried and will NEVER eat again: BEETS! (good god! I threw up in my mouth.. evil things..)

Last edited:
Nonseq, you betcha. Pour it out and slurp it up.

I've also been in a Moroccan home and treated to a huge bowl of mashed potatoes, and each person around the table would dip into it with a piece of flatbread.

Then there's the Czechoslovakian special - an open faced potato salad sandwich. Most likely eaten while an unfortunate carp is swimming circles in the bathtub, praying to not become a fresh Christmas meal.

I stayed with some friends one time and at the time they were new friends and first time eating or staying there they ate sitting on the floor on pillows or not and on this little table was all the food white rice and frog legs.....I did not eat any frog legs and would not try them. I ate rice, butter melted on it, with salsa mixed in. I still have not ate frog legs.

Quote:
They will start itching, get a dry scratchy throat and their tongues will swell up a little ( puffy).

I am not a big pizza fan, about three a four a year is my limit. I lived in Southern Italy for 3 years and I am super picky on pizza. Must be thin wood fired crust, anchovies, and fresh basil, very hard to find in the good old USA. But anchovies is a must. The other place that must have anchovies is spagetti sauce, one can chopped up per a big pot, you really can't taste them at all, but you can taste them missing. There is an anchovy sauce in Italy that is very famous and expensive they use for spagetti but it is over $100 per bottle and impossible to find in the US. Very traditional in Southern Med food.

Salsa the Children.....
lol.png

hmmmm ok thank you....maybe people have different reactions.

I am not much for pizza but it looked good at the time and was hungry I had just walked in the door....nice surprise. I asked my boyfriend what that awful taste was and he said anchovies thats what you get for getting in it. My husband now however loves pizza, spaghetti, he could eat them daily for life.

Quote:
Well y'know, you're supposed to eat fish on Christmas Eve.
wink.png

We always did. Usually cod served with pierogies, sauerkraut and peas. My other grandma ( I dunno how to spell babcza) would make at least three different kinds of pierogies. We used to pass around the oplatki, too.

I don't even know where to get oplatki now.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom