Ivermax injectable cattle wormer for Peafowl?

I have been doing the same for years and it works so much better than catching every bird. There is a post on our FB page complete with pictures if you want to see more. Back when I only had a hundred or so birds they used to get mash every day but making fifteen gallons of mash daily became just too much work. I have an old thread on here on how I would make it with alfalfa pellets, groats, gamebird feed, and Ultra kibble or catfish food. We would add old mushy bananas or over ripe apples or pears and peaches from our orchard and cans of mackerel on Mackerel Mondays or Fish Fridays. The process would start with a quick ferment using ACV the day before feeding. I attribute some of my best hatch years to feeding a mash as their sole diet.
That's great. It's nice to get ideas for new things to add.

How lovely to live somewhere where you can grow peaches! I was going to try some under glass this year but never got around to it. I'm going to try next year. We have apples, pears, plums and lots of berries but I'm keen to diversify our fruit and peaches are my favourite.

I have been doing the same for years and it works so much better than catching every bird. There is a post on our FB page complete with pictures if you want to see more. Back when I only had a hundred or so birds they used to get mash every day but making fifteen gallons of mash daily became just too much work. I have an old thread on here on how I would make it with alfalfa pellets, groats, gamebird feed, and Ultra kibble or catfish food. We would add old mushy bananas or over ripe apples or pears and peaches from our orchard and cans of mackerel on Mackerel Mondays or Fish Fridays. The process would start with a quick ferment using ACV the day before feeding. I attribute some of my best hatch years to feeding a mash as their sole diet.
WOW That is AWESOME information! Thank you sooooo much!!!

I agree, he has some fantastic information there and on here. I would advise you check out as many posts as possible from KsKingBee and listen well to his advice. I've learned so much from him.
I agree! Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions! I really want to make sure my babies are healthy and well cared for.

Perfect! Safeguard is not water soluable so no mixing in the water. We use SG orally or in feed only but we also have some large pens of birds that we will use Valbazen in the water at the rate of 25ml per gallon.
Question.
For the Valbazen do you also give it for 5 days and repeat after 10 days?
Also if it's done that way,do you have to change out the water daily?

Question.
For the Valbazen do you also give it for 5 days and repeat after 10 days?
Also if it's done that way,do you have to change out the water daily?
A one-day treatment will get round and cecal worms, to get all types of worms the five-day treatment is required and repeat in ten days. You should make fresh daily so try to make enough for them to finish in a day's time. If you are going to do a single day treatment let the birds finish the water the next day. IOW, don't throw out the dewormer, let them finish it the next day.

A one-day treatment will get round and cecal worms, to get all types of worms the five-day treatment is required and repeat in ten days. You should make fresh daily so try to make enough for them to finish in a day's time. If you are going to do a single day treatment let the birds finish the water the next day. IOW, don't throw out the dewormer, let them finish it the next day.
Thank you for the info. :)

Back
Top Bottom