Ivermectin.....paste?

Quote: It works fine mixed in water, and it much easier than trying to dose them orally.
Injectable isn't meant to be put on the skin, and Pour On isn't meant to be given orally.

The proper dosage for dogs is 1/10th ML per 10 lbs body weight to treat for all worms except Tapeworms, or 1/10th ML total to treat for Heartworms only
Don't use it on any Collie or herding breeds

There are other wormers, but you only asked about Ivomec
Ivomec can also be used on dogs and several other species.

If $40 spread over 2 years is too much, I don't see how you can afford chickens at all
It's only about 5 cents a day

Some people can't afford that price all at once, AND have nobody to "share" with. So personally l'm alittle offended. I am on less than a fixed budget right now and most should realize not everyone can afford what they can. That's no reason to think people shouldn't have their chickens. Things happen in life that weren't in place when the chickens were bought. We all do our best.

In summer I mainly Deworm them with whole, raw pumpkins. Including the seeds. The seeds get the worms.

I've found posts on ivermectin here when searching, but most of what I've found is info on the oil-based drops and what ever kind you'd get to dilute in water.

I have a grand total of 3 chicks and can not see myself needing to spend the $40 on 250mls of pour on. I would only need so little it's like a waste of money. IMO...

My local farm supply store carries Ivermectin paste 1.87% (says equine) for $8 bucks...has anyone used the paste? Is it possible for that form to be used on chickens?

Also, what form of ivermectin are people using to put in their chickens water? I'd read the oil-based does not mix with water and therefore does not work best to put in water feeders...

If $40 spread over 2 years is too much, I don't see how you can afford chickens at all
It's only about  5 cents a day
I am looking for some advice as yo dosing my 2 dogs for skin mies. I have a Golden 128 pounds and a German Shepard about 80. Any siggestions? Both have been recently tested for heart worm. An are negative!

Each measured line of equine paste wormer does 250 lbs. body weight of animal!!! You can't possibly divide that out safely to your chickens. Consider sharing a bottle of the injectable or pour-on Ivermectin; it will keep in a dark cabinet at least to the expiration date. Mary
I use the paste, but I transfer it to a 1 ml syringe. Hard to dose small chickens, but a 3 kg peahen is doable. 1 ml paste = 18.7 mg

-Kathy

For anyone reading this in the future, I just did the math on the 1.87% ivermectin paste for horses. Dosage comes out to the pea-size drop mentioned by a previous poster for a chicken.

Quote:

It's only about 5 cents a day
This is an old post but it doesn't go away.. I don't think you or any of us should behave like your post represents.. Really, are you a nasty person in general or is this,, I hope, out of character?? Life is hard enough without being a snot.

Back
Top Bottom