IVERMECTIN SHEEP DRENCH

Is the Panacur safer for the chicken? Can they get sour crop from wormers like they can from antibiotic? I really appreciate all your help.Thanks.

So you guys don't think they are gape worms? What else could they be? Should I wait any number of days after the Ivermectin to give the Panacur?

Use one wormer or the other...not both. The panacur would be more effective and kill other types of worms if there are any.
Also, no matter what type of worms they are; you're going to have to start a regularly scheduled worming program. This is due to the fact that worm eggs have been deposited onto the soil via the chickens feces. These eggs will be picked up by your other chickens or worm eggs will be eaten by insects and your birds will eat the infected insects, starting the worms lifecycle all over again.

One more question please. They had ivermectin just a few days ago. Should I wait to give the Panacur?

So I am back. Harry, rooster, is having more than his share of problems. So frustrating! I took him to my vet along with a stool sample. I asked that they ship the stool to be analyzed by Cornell. Problem was it was a weekend and Cornell would want a fresher sample. So my vet tested it and discovered coccidia. Wonderful! After many calls to find Corid I drove about 100 mi round trip to get some and treated everyone. Two days after vet visit found Harry with a leg injury, only occasionally putting foot down. Poor Harry has been in a cage since with little improvement. No swelling or signs of any wounds. He is still gaping and losing weight. I plan on taking another sample to my vet Monday to be sent out to Cornell. Well I have a nice microscope on order along with some other items. Can anyone tell me of a good book on parasitology of poultry? Also on methods of fecal exams that have worked for you? I am trying my best to get poor Harry well but I am really scared I will lose him.

So I am back. Harry, rooster, is having more than his share of problems. So frustrating! I took him to my vet along with a stool sample. I asked that they ship the stool to be analyzed by Cornell. Problem was it was a weekend and Cornell would want a fresher sample. So my vet tested it and discovered coccidia. Wonderful! After many calls to find Corid I drove about 100 mi round trip to get some and treated everyone. Two days after vet visit found Harry with a leg injury, only occasionally putting foot down. Poor Harry has been in a cage since with little improvement. No swelling or signs of any wounds. He is still gaping and losing weight. I plan on taking another sample to my vet Monday to be sent out to Cornell. Well I have a nice microscope on order along with some other items. Can anyone tell me of a good book on parasitology of poultry? Also on methods of fecal exams that have worked for you? I am trying my best to get poor Harry well but I am really scared I will lose him.
This is the one I have:

http://www.amazon.com/Veterinary-Clinical-Parasitology-Anne-Zajac-ebook/dp/B006ISI2V2

-Kathy

Thanks. Does it have colored pics? I can't seen to locate one that is just poultry.
Kathy
Lots of colored pictures! If you want an avian specific one, contact an avian pathologist and ask them if one exists or what they would recommend.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom