Jaedo incubator 😡

Buffleghorn

In the Brooder
Jan 27, 2024
I recently ordered a incubator off eBay apparently a jaedo 56 egg automatic the only thing automatic is how annoying it is or maybe it’s me but either way I’m having a right job trying to set it properly the temp constantly changes and the humidity has a mind of its own any advice ? Cheers terry

Attachments

• 8B906750-33CC-43D0-876E-880188847D43.jpeg
    8B906750-33CC-43D0-876E-880188847D43.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 5CC5E3A9-6CEF-42E4-B75D-A4701E5B6B4C.jpeg
    5CC5E3A9-6CEF-42E4-B75D-A4701E5B6B4C.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 5
I always recommend having a separate calibrated thermometer and hygrometer in the incubator since the built in ones are often faulty, but it doesn't look like you could easily put extras in your model. How long have you been letting it run? It usually takes a few hours for everything to stabilize. And do you know if the turner is working?

It’s been running about 30 hours now and I can’t get a constant temperature or humidity the humidity runs from around 45 to 65 % and the temp varies from 37c - 39c I’m at a loss as I have bought eggs to go in it many thanks terry

It’s been running about 30 hours now and I can’t get a constant temperature or humidity the humidity runs from around 45 to 65 % and the temp varies from 37c - 39c I’m at a loss as I have bought eggs to go in it many thanks terry
Where is your incubator located? It's possible that the location it's in is too drafty, or too warm and that's what's causing it to fluctuate. It's best to keep the incubator away from windows, doors, and vents. Try and get some sort of thermometer to put in the incubator and change the location. If that doesn't help, you may just have a bad incubator.

It’s in my bedroom it is the warmest room in the house I’ve turned the radiator off to try and keep a more stable temperature fingers crossed .

If it doesn't work, you might need to get a new incubator. Do you know how old the eggs are?
There off eBay I received them Friday I’ve been turning them and there stored in my room I’m not sure how old the eggs are I received them next day delivery .

Most incubators (aka chinabators or yellowbators) from ebay or Amazon are unreliable junk.
If they can hold temperature and turn, they can be used with alternate thermometer and hygrometer. But if not, it's best to safe your sanity and forget it.

Most incubators (aka chinabators or yellowbators) from ebay or Amazon are unreliable junk.
If they can hold temperature and turn, they can be used with alternate thermometer and hygrometer. But if not, it's best to safe your sanity and forget it.
Yeah this stunk of chineasium as soon as I opened it they reviews on YouTube didn’t fill me with confidence I probably should of researched them first but I got a dose of the fluffy chick syndrome and ordered the first one I found . Lesson learned

Back
Top Bottom