James Marie Pharaoh vs. American Pharaoh quail?

It's always something, isn't it? We had some inclement weather back in the spring and I had several packages that UPS just refused to even TRY to deliver. After it sat at the local office for 9-10 days, we finally went down and picked them up ourselves. One was a King Cake....had to throw it in the trash
1f629.png

Same for me. Be sure you feed them correctly to maximize their growth.

Sorry for the terse 'correct' term. I wasn"t trying to scold or preach to anyone. Cellphone 2G data rates make things hard and tedious.

You can raise these guys to adulthood on many things. If you want JUMBO quail, feed them appropriately and make sure they never run out of feed and water, otherwise you end up with normal sized quail.

Last edited:
So who has actually hatched Silver so far? I have an order expected to arrive next week from JMF and I couldn't resist adding some Silver eggs into the mix. I am very interested on the color genetics and how to pair up those that I hope to hatch.

So I've been wanting to get quail for a while (and it's still a long, long way off) but I was looking at the TSC website--because there's only two other feedstores local, and they mostly have chicken feed--and I was wondering if I could feed the $1.50/lb gamebird feed as starter feed and then feed Dumor Chick (20% protein) to the growers. Would it affect weight gain?

Can anyone recommend a cheap gamebird feed? (as in less than $0.75/lb)

Back
Top Bottom