Janoel 12 Incubator

mirasmom

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 20, 2013
South Phoenix AZ
Anyone have any experience with this thing? Its instructions are terrible, as in missing half the words in a sentence. We are on day 19 and no signs of peeping yet, I took the eggs out of the turn tray and put them on the hatching try and now we are waiting.

janoel-new-small-family-automatic-12pcs-chicken.jpg

Yup, you got it.
Can take 24 hours to complete hatching from start to finish.
For advanced questions see Sally Sunshines
Article on BYC on "Assisted Hatching " .

Last edited:
We have peeping! Two in the incubator and one peep under mama and one hatched!

Attachments

• 20171108_111015.jpg
    20171108_111015.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20171108_110816.jpg
    20171108_110816.jpg
    667.5 KB · Views: 21
I have the same incubator and am preparing it for its first batch of eggs. What did you do to keep humidity stable in yours? I've found that with a few tablespoons or so of water, it's too high. With less, it get's to a good level but quickly evaporates and drops. With half a wet sponge, it stayed very consistent but too high. I kept cutting more of the sponge away until it was at a good level and was hoping it would stay stable... but it dropped really low overnight :barnie

I have the same incubator and am preparing it for its first batch of eggs. What did you do to keep humidity stable in yours? I've found that with a few tablespoons or so of water, it's too high. With less, it get's to a good level but quickly evaporates and drops. With half a wet sponge, it stayed very consistent but too high. I kept cutting more of the sponge away until it was at a good level and was hoping it would stay stable... but it dropped really low overnight :barnie
Mine is doing the same thing, did you figure out how to resolve this issue? I put my eggs in tomorrow, and I'm already stressed about it.

I know this is too late for your current hatch, but I ended up putting in one of those little round ice cube trays with the rubber bottoms to pop the ice out. It seemed to do best with two of those filled. I chose two that were at the end of the incubator so I could just crack it open and refill them with a plastic pipette.

Mine is doing the same thing, did you figure out how to resolve this issue? I put my eggs in tomorrow, and I'm already stressed about it.
Im also having troubke keeping the humidity consistent. It's too high, I move the lid to open a small hole to lower it, it goes too low. Have you done anything to solve the issue?

Something I've heard of but never tried is to drill an extra vent hole in the side of the incubator, in the space between the two egg "shelves". If humidity is too low, close it and add more water. If it's too high, you open the vent (tape is what I heard).

Something Ive actually tired is to use a container with a smaller mouth. The less water surface exposed to the air, the lower your humidity will be. I wound up putting a lid on a small Tupperware and poking holes in it until it let out the right amount of moisture.

Back
Top Bottom