Janoel 12

Have you seen the Incuview? I think if I get another one it'll be that one. You can really see well, looks like.
I did, someone else was undecided between that and the hoverbator, so I had to check it out, it's nice, Hoverbator is more in my price range, well, actually the lg is my price range...lol but we're not going there...lol

I did, someone else was undecided between that and the hoverbator, so I had to check it out, it's nice, Hoverbator is more in my price range, well, actually the lg is my price range...lol but we're not going there...lol

I'll have to check on the price of the Hovabator. But I do believe now that I have a broody that that will be my favorite. It is just the sweetest thing to watch them together. But if I get to wanting more chicks than I have broodies I definitely want an incubator I can see into.

Yep, I think will be my fav incubator.

Even more favorite brooder.

Last edited:
Yep, I think will be my fav incubator.

Even more favorite brooder.
It's funny, I must have control issues that I was unaware of because I have no desire to have a broody hen....lol Too much I can't control...or be nosey about. Maybe that's it. Not enough meddle time with a broody....lol

I have just purchased the same Janoel12 and Really appreciate your commentary on how it functions! I am trying duck eggs and am worried about the humidity issues that you have ran into but hopefully it will end as nicely as your experience did! It worries me a bit that the incubator will not rise about 38C especially since I live in a cold climate. Have you thought about wrapping a towel around the base of it to help regulate temp? or is that a bad idea?

I have just purchased the same Janoel12 and Really appreciate your commentary on how it functions! I am trying duck eggs and am worried about the humidity issues that you have ran into but hopefully it will end as nicely as your experience did! It worries me a bit that the incubator will not rise about 38C especially since I live in a cold climate. Have you thought about wrapping a towel around the base of it to help regulate temp? or is that a bad idea?

My temp stays well regulated. Apparently you can adjust it. If it is saying 38* and it's not really 38 then there is away to regulate that I found on another thread but I can't remember right now how it was done. I have read duck eggs need more humidity so as long as you add just a little water everyday I bet you will be fine. Duck eggs are bigger so I bet you can't get too many in there. Not much head room when they hatch either. And the thing I really hate is NO WINDOW. I did use a towel back when it was cooler. Just made sure not to cover the air hole. Now I have some going and I just have it sitting on a folded towel.

Hi there!

I am so glad I found this post!! I just purchased the janoel12 and was having trouble with the humidity. Instructions says 100ml but when I did that, it went way too high in the 70s... And I didn't know whether both my hygrometer was wrong or what... And that was very smart to put the 15 eggs along with the carton in it.. I have 12 eggs and I was debating should I just lay it out on its side but having to open the lid so often or just do the 9 that fits, but that way you did it was smart! I didn't think of putting something underneath the incubator. How did you feel about manually turning the eggs? I'm a little worried about that.. What if I'm not turning enough (since I work 12 hr shifts) or I'm not turning it correctly..

Hi there!

I am so glad I found this post!! I just purchased the janoel12 and was having trouble with the humidity. Instructions says 100ml but when I did that, it went way too high in the 70s... And I didn't know whether both my hygrometer was wrong or what... And that was very smart to put the 15 eggs along with the carton in it.. I have 12 eggs and I was debating should I just lay it out on its side but having to open the lid so often or just do the 9 that fits, but that way you did it was smart! I didn't think of putting something underneath the incubator. How did you feel about manually turning the eggs? I'm a little worried about that.. What if I'm not turning enough (since I work 12 hr shifts) or I'm not turning it correctly..

I work 12 hr shifts too. I think before and after on those days will be okay. On day ten when you candle them you may be getting rid of enough to lay them back down and use the turner. When they are standing up, make sure you use the lower rack and keep eggs away from the turner. It can hit them and crack them.

Th
I work 12 hr shifts too. I think before and after on those days will be okay. On day ten when you candle them you may be getting rid of enough to lay them back down and use the turner. When they are standing up, make sure you use the lower rack and keep eggs away from the turner. It can hit them and crack them.

Thanks for the reply!! I will be putting eggs in tomorrow once I make sure the temp and humidity is all set. These are shipped eggs, so hopefully it didn't cause too much damage.

Th
Thanks for the reply!! I will be putting eggs in tomorrow once I make sure the temp and humidity is all set. These are shipped eggs, so hopefully it didn't cause too much damage.

I did really well with my first shipped eggs. Not quite as good with the second set. I just kept it dry till lock down and monitored the air cells. With more eggs you get higher natural humidity. With no window, I'm kind of bad at locking down and I peek too much. Maybe you can have more self control. It's quite fun and anxiety producing.

Back
Top Bottom