Janoel

Thanks guys - all fingers crossed here for a good hatch in about 36 hours.....(not that I am counting or anything......)
lau.gif

Will post pics if there's anything to report!
fl.gif

Dorpersheep, I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about your hatching eggs! I AM SO JEALOUS! =D

I had some rather sad news on my end. Out of the dozen Cream Legbar eggs that are on day 12: ... 2 are infertile/never developed, and 7 are early deaths. I candled yesterday and was sad to see SEVEN red rings of death.... Strangely, the other twenty-something eggs in my incubator are all going strong, and also the Black Copper Maran eggs in my Janoel12 are doing great as well. So I'm not sure what I did to the Cream Legbar eggs so differently that it caused this, but it was a bit of a bummer. I'm hoping 2/3 of the remaining eggs hatch, so I don't have a lonely chick... I know shipped eggs are a gamble, there was a lot of detached and scrambled air cells with the Cream Legbars. I was just a little stunned to see so many fail.

I am, however, excited about going into lockdown with my maran eggs tomorrow!
fl.gif

The waiting is a killer isn't it jack??!!
You want to get into horses - its usually a 12 MONTH wait to meet the bubba!!!
Our sheep are bad enough at 5 months, I am being kept busy with them this week, 7 new arrivals in the last 6 days and another 60+ to come before mid January.

No sign of peepers yet but it is only early on day 20. I am hoping for something a lot earlier than day 24 this time - we upped the temp on the incubator for this go, and the eggs are much further advanced at day 18 candleing than the last ones were. But I put in a secondary (and third!) thermometer during this incubation and found while the numbers on the screen of the inc are reading true for the top of the box (where the sensors are) down at egg level things are about 1.2C cooler. So not sure if we are going to still run overtime this set or not, time will tell.

Believe me I am checking them all the time though! Not getting much else done......

I was sorry to read about your eggs Marie, I am guessing it was a problem with the shipped eggs. I have my fingers crossed for those Maran eggs of yours tomorrow - the couple we had last time did nothing so hopefully you have better luck.

Yes it defiantly is I couldn't bear it so I candled and I didn't see much but from what I have read it all can change in a very short amount of time so fingers crossed any news on your eggs?

I was just staring into the incubator as per usual and couldn't bare it so i candled and my whitest lightest egg has a blob inside and quite a view veins! Yippee
wee.gif
I had started doubting myself and everything i had done so far so i am just sooo happy and i just can't wait i just hope i a least get one chick!

I was just staring into the incubator as per usual and couldn't bare it so i candled and my whitest lightest egg has a blob inside and quite a view veins! Yippee
wee.gif
I had started doubting myself and everything i had done so far so i am just sooo happy and i just can't wait i just hope i a least get one chick!

YAY! That is GREAT news! There's a tiny baby fuzz butt inside! I'm probably going to still wait until day 7, especially since my eggs are blue...they might not be as easy to see. But I have high hopes for them! SO awesome about your egg, though! Don't worry if they all don't look like that...it's still really early!
clap.gif

wee.gif

Woohoo! Awesome news jack!!
celebrate.gif

I have just got up at 5am on day 21 to find 5 pipped eggs......so I'm feeling pretty darn good too this morning! Although they're all crossbred ones, the spangled Hamburgs ain't early risers it seems.

Awesome news it will not be long until you have little chicks running around! Do you know what cosses they are? or is it a total surprise?

Woohoo! Awesome news jack!!
celebrate.gif

I have just got up at 5am on day 21 to find 5 pipped eggs......so I'm feeling pretty darn good too this morning! Although they're all crossbred ones, the spangled Hamburgs ain't early risers it seems.
WE HAVE PIPPING!? YAAAAY! =D So excited for you! Keep the updates coming!

Last hatch it took about 18 hours from pipping to meeting chickies - but this time less than 6 hours!

We have 2 little fuzzies cheeping and crawling around, and another 6 eggs pipped.

Very exciting!

Back
Top Bottom