Janoel

What incubator are they in the 48 one?

Yeah, I put them all into my Janoel 48! =) My Black Copper Marans are going strong downstairs (in my Janoel 12). They go into lockdown on Wednesday. I did try to candle them last night (I've done a better job of leaving my eggs alone more), but all you can see are big dark masses and some sight movement. They're getting bigger!

Last edited:
I've not got a moisture meter so i am having to follow the instruction about anding water so thats another risk but all 9 of my egg in the incubator look good, 5 of the 6 rir eggs looked really good so they went in but i had to replace two egg so the misshaped one went and one that was pretty messed up with air bubble all over the inside had egg like coming out the shell but everything else looks really good cant wait and out of 9 i hope to at least get 1 ball of fluff!

I've not got a moisture meter so i am having to follow the instruction about anding water so thats another risk but all 9 of my egg in the incubator look good, 5 of the 6 rir eggs looked really good so they went in but i had to replace two egg so the misshaped one went and one that was pretty messed up with air bubble all over the inside had egg like coming out the shell but everything else looks really good cant wait and out of 9 i hope to at least get 1 ball of fluff!

I'd say, for shipped eggs, 50% hatch rate is good. I would recommend picking up a humidity monitor at some point. DAY 7 will be EXCITING!!! =D

I am planning to pick up a j12 in the spring. Listening to everyone, I think I may need to get another incubator for hatching.

Ty for all the new ideas!

I am planning to pick up a j12 in the spring. Listening to everyone, I think I may need to get another incubator for hatching.

Ty for all the new ideas!
Yes, I am VERY glad to have a separate incubator for hatching. I haven't experienced my first hatch yet (hopefully will next week), but I can already see how much less stressful it will be having a dedicated hatcher. It will also allow me to painlessly stagger my hatches out without having to worry too much.

Yeah, I put them all into my Janoel 48! =) My Black Copper Marans are going strong downstairs (in my Janoel 12). They go into lockdown on Wednesday. I did try to candle them last night (I've done a better job of leaving my eggs alone more), but all you can see are big dark masses and some sight movement. They're getting bigger!

Cool - as long as they are getting bigger then they are doing ok! (I guess..!!)

Ours went into lockdown just now, fingers crossed....my brother visited over the weekend and we candled a few last night to show him what was in there, 21 of the 23 are looking good! Touch wood on Wednesday we will welcome some lovely spotty peepers!

And please please can my new incubators turn up this week so I can get organised too?!?!

Cool - as long as they are getting bigger then they are doing ok! (I guess..!!)

Ours went into lockdown just now, fingers crossed....my brother visited over the weekend and we candled a few last night to show him what was in there, 21 of the 23 are looking good! Touch wood on Wednesday we will welcome some lovely spotty peepers!

And please please can my new incubators turn up this week so I can get organised too?!?!
DORPER, please keep up updated!!! I am soooo excited for you! I hope to see many pics of your little fuzz-butts! SO EXCITING! I'm still waiting on my other incubator, too!

Thanks guys - all fingers crossed here for a good hatch in about 36 hours.....(not that I am counting or anything......)
lau.gif

Will post pics if there's anything to report!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom