Janoel

Those 28 will likely make it too lockdown.

Hatch rate will depend your humidity during hatch. And a slightly lower temp. Good luck

I know to get the humidity up up UP during lockdown, that's fine. Slightly lower temp? First time I have heard that - please explain! How much lower? Thank you!!

Misfitmarie i am gutted, there is just generally no good news
barnie.gif
. Lets start with the worst news. Firstly the rhode island red eggs i ordered the seller wrote the wrong address on them so I've got to collect them from the post office. Then i got home really excited, candled my eggs that actually came and were poorly packaged and 1 maybe 2 have bubbles floating around in them, one is huge and has been squished into the polystyrene and is a weird shape (I will send a picture later) 1 is too dark to see into and 2 look fine. Finally the moisture meter (That said it was going to be delivered 3 days ago) says it is 90% inside. But i've got to look on the bright side two maybe three look good. So I might not put mine in till 7pm here. Sorry hope we can still do it kind of together and that hasn't messed up your plans too much.

So sorry to read all this byjack....I'll keep my fingers crossed that the 2 or 3 end up ok. I can imagine the disappointment of paying for eggs that don't make it in 100% good condition. I am not ready to start shipping eggs yet - I going on a 4 hour drive next Friday to pick up my next lot. At least it is only 4 hours, I was considering 14 hours......each way......!!
sickbyc.gif

Misfitmarie i am gutted, there is just generally no good news
barnie.gif
. Lets start with the worst news. Firstly the rhode island red eggs i ordered the seller wrote the wrong address on them so I've got to collect them from the post office. Then i got home really excited, candled my eggs that actually came and were poorly packaged and 1 maybe 2 have bubbles floating around in them, one is huge and has been squished into the polystyrene and is a weird shape (I will send a picture later) 1 is too dark to see into and 2 look fine. Finally the moisture meter (That said it was going to be delivered 3 days ago) says it is 90% inside. But i've got to look on the bright side two maybe three look good. So I might not put mine in till 7pm here. Sorry hope we can still do it kind of together and that hasn't messed up your plans too much.

Hey, that's not a problem at all! I can wait! My eggs can sit up to a week before I have to put them in.

I had to order a few more humidity monitors just because mine is so inaccurate. Humidity is about 42% in my incubator, and one of my monitors says it is 70%! Having extras laying around is always helpful.

I'd definitely let the eggs rest for a day or so. I had a couple eggs arrived that looked almost scrambled (lots of bubbles). I let them sit pointy-end down for about a day and a half. Then, I put them into the incubator, but NOT in the turner. I let them sit pointy-end down in the incubator for about three days before I put them into the turner (I didn't even turn them by hand). Miraculously, all three of those eggs now have active embryos inside and seem much more stable! So it's always worth trying!

So no worries! Take your time and keep me updated.
big_smile.png

Awesome what time to put them ins good for you I'm picking mine up at about 4:30pm so any time after that really, I think I'm just going to gamble with the rirs that I will get and might just put them in strait away. Thats a really good point about no putting them in the turner might not do that for 3 days. And do you no how to control the humidity with out a monito?

Last edited:
Awesome what time to put them ins good for you I'm picking mine up at about 4:30pm so any time after that really, I think I'm just going to gamble with the rirs that I will get and might just put them in strait away. Thats a really good point about no putting them in the turner might not do that for 3 days. And do you no how to control the humidity with out a monito?

I will be home by 2pm tomorrow. That's 10:00 your time. Let me know if that's too late! Or if you decide to let them rest a day or so, I have the weekend off so any time then works too!

Those eggs look huge or is it just the camera?

The eggs are HUGE and very oblong! CRAZY long! I don't even think they'll be able to sit in the egg turner without tipping out, so I'm going to have to secure them somehow, or turn them by hand.

And I am cool with 10:00 PM your time! I will definitely be back home by then.

RANDOM thought/rant:

We have this kind of annoying thing in the USA called "Black Friday". Today is Thanksgiving, a national holiday. I love it, because I get to spend the evening with my family and overeat my mother's awesome cooking and think about all of the things I am thankful for. But... Black Friday is always the next day, and ... well, it's basically all the stores everywhere advertise ridiculously good deals that people will trample over each other for. Literally, last year, I almost got ran over outside of a Macy's for some stupid boot sale. People go crazy. Traffic is terrible. The malls are packed full of people shoving their way through with bags and bags and bags of gifts... trying to get through the store doors in time to grab the best deals... And some people can be VERY aggressive!

Well, I understand why some people enjoy it... And that's totally cool! But I don't really get into it. I will, however, be going tomorrow. Only because my family is going. I figure I'd tag along, enjoy their company through all the chaos, and enjoy the people-watching. Hopefully, I don't get trampled to death.

Last edited:
Ahahaha although we don't have thanksgiving the stores have adopted black friday. I really don't get it over here people queue for hour sometimes the whole night just to buy a freezer! Well that sounds really good, 10 it is then, I cant wait.
wee.gif
Now I'm to wait and hope my rirs are in better condition than my mixes are
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom