Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

What is the difference between Falb-fee and Pearl-fee? Is it size? From the description I've been reading here, it looks like Falb-fee are jumbo sized?

I'm trying so hard to resist these pretty birds since my first batch of regular jumbos is supposed to ship tomorrow.

Nooooo, totally different!

Falb-fee
IMG_20190516_191547440_HDR.jpg

Pearl-fee on far right (white and black one, tho this one is a lil "dirty" - with the yellow back feathers.)
IMG_20190516_185944171_HDR.jpg

There are no jumbo lines of either as far as I know, but size will vary wildly breeder to breeder.

So it looks like the picture from KC is a bit misleading. That one looks very white with speckles, but your pictures are darker. Good to know. Thanks!

I think the lighting/angles are misleading! That listing looked pretty much like mine, their fronts are extremely creamy but with grey backs. They are basically pharoah but with all the red/brown tones removed. Also, theirs is a female so the chest pattern is a little different.

I think the lighting/angles are misleading! That listing looked pretty much like mine, their fronts are extremely creamy but with grey backs. They are basically pharoah but with all the red/brown tones removed. Also, theirs is a female so the chest pattern is a little different.
Still pretty, and I still want. :) Must... wait... until first batch is hatched!

If you breed two tuxedos do you still get a tuxedo? The male has lots of white the female has just a touch of white under the chin.

If you breed two tuxedos do you still get a tuxedo? The male has lots of white the female has just a touch of white under the chin.

I am not an expert, but I think - not sure :) My 2 tuxedos came out of parents, neither of which is a tuxedo, so I think this variety is not stable. But it looks like one of my tuxedos is a female so with the other one being a boy I will definitely experiment what is coming out.

Guys I am creating a spreadsheet for my usage, something like the Coturnix Calculator, but only from real life experience.
Example:
male Pharaoh + female Golden Manchurian => 40% Golden Manchurians, 60% Pharaohs... (this is just an example).
So if anyone has ever kept track of parents colors and hatched chicks colors, could you please send them to me so I include them?
I will post this in the other thread as well, so hopefully more people could contribute. OR if anyone has already started collecting such data maybe could share and have it available for everyone to read?

Back
Top Bottom