Japanese Coturnix Quail Color Varieties!!!!

After some discussion with a few people, its come to be that the clean chest variety are being called "calico". While myself and another enthusiast disagree with the name it seems to be what it will be called.

I have put my clean chested line on hold for now while I move house and focus on getting my rarer red eyed/leucistic lines going.

After some discussion with a few people, its come to be that the clean chest variety are being called "calico". While myself and another enthusiast disagree with the name it seems to be what it will be called.

I have put my clean chested line on hold for now while I move house and focus on getting my rarer red eyed/leucistic lines going.

Hmm an Interesting name for the mutation... not sure if that's what I'd call it either. Please post pictures of your red eyed/leucistic Quail, I'd love to see them!

Anyone here still active who can help sex my quail?

Anyone here still active who can help sex my quail?
I would say its a hen. But I don't have experiance with dilute/fawn colors of coturnix. If you look at her chest you can see spotting not clear/oringish coloring. Spotting singnifies hens,if you are still unsure you can wait till she's mature (looks like she already is) and cage her seperetly from the others to see if she crows or lays an egg. She is most likely a Hen.

Hi again, thanks for all the replies! Yes she/he is 8 weeks old and no eggs from any of my lot yet. Is it normal that after a few days of my crowing boys being outside they've stopped crowing almost completely? Are they happy or am I doing something wrong?

Hello :) does anybody know what kind she is? She looks similar to an Italian but not faded, haven't been able to find anything like her.

She's also broody :p

Oh she is cute. I dont know what kind but you could try and see if you can match on the JamesMarieFarms site. They show many varieties there. I just tried but the site it down or Id share the link. How nice that she is broody!

Back
Top Bottom