Java Green peafowl questions

Quote:
Of course ! but first it is the job of the countries where wild populations of peacocks live.
A green peacock from a breeder is always suspect .... what are its origins .... what its subspecies!
I hope none bred green peacock in captivity will return in nature.
In breeding trying to make green peacock of good quality is our challenge ... but in the end it will be mixed green peacocks. Some are darker ... they will call it ' Spicifer ' other more golden .... they call 'Java '.

Here a map of deforestation in Thailand .... it will be the same map for the corruption in the country!
and we are in 2014 !!!!!

An adult male East Java Pavo muticus muticus

Show his display

The wing colour has faded from the strong sunlight in the end of the meeting season

Good to see the brilliance in the wing colours when the mating season start

wow I did not know that Java greens where are an endangered species!:( ,it will be hard pressed for me to find a male that I could afford as she was not cheap ....and she was very hard to find.... Also she's really wild ,really mean and not as tame. I just thought that they were more expensive because they are harder to find in the United States. You guys have given me another Outlook on this topic. Mmmmm perhaps there is the way to do artificial inseminationas to stay true to her breedwithout me taking on the care of another Java green a maile noless cnat imagine how wild they are.

wow I did not know that Java greens where are an endangered species!
sad.png
,it will be hard pressed for me to find a male that I could afford as she was not cheap ....and she was very hard to find.... Also she's really wild ,really mean and not as tame. I just thought that they were more expensive because they are harder to find in the United States. You guys have given me another Outlook on this topic. Mmmmm perhaps there is the way to do artificial inseminationas to stay true to her breedwithout me taking on the care of another Java green a maile noless cnat imagine how wild they are.
I am still waiting on photos of your pretty
big_smile.png

wow I did not know that Java greens where are an endangered species!
sad.png
,it will be hard pressed for me to find a male that I could afford as she was not cheap ....and she was very hard to find.... Also she's really wild ,really mean and not as tame. I just thought that they were more expensive because they are harder to find in the United States. You guys have given me another Outlook on this topic. Mmmmm perhaps there is the way to do artificial inseminationas to stay true to her breedwithout me taking on the care of another Java green a maile noless cnat imagine how wild they are.

Unfortunately green peafowl can be more wild than India Blues and their varieties. They can be more prone to be aggressive, although not all of them are that way. I have seen several photos of people petting and hand feeding adult green peacocks and peahens so they can be tamed down. Some are probably more wild than others. Here are some photos that are not mine, but some good photos to show the aggressive and non aggressive ones.
Aggressive green peacock:

Tame greens:

Also, evidently green peafowl like women more. Some green peafowl are really expensive also because they are imported birds or birds from imports. It cost a lot to import green peafowl so the peafowl breeders have to get that money back by selling the offspring for high prices. If they were not so high priced I would probably have some by now! It is hard to decide on getting them because you have to put so much money into getting them you worry that if anything happens to them you will be out by a good amount of money.

Here is an article I wrote about the green peafowl's endangerment: http://www.bamboopeacock.com/The Dragon Birds' Plight.html
Also, here are some great green peafowl sites:
http://www.pfauenfarm.de/Home-English/Our-Peafowl/Pavo-Muticus-Muticus-E/pavo-muticus-muticus-e.html
http://www.prani-breeding-center.com/gallery/
http://www.pavo-muticus.com/english/home.html

You should upload some photos of your birds! The photo uploader on this site is very easy to use unlike most forums where you have to make your own photo hosting account on some other site just to post photos.

Unfortunately green peafowl can be more wild than India Blues and their varieties. They can be more prone to be aggressive, although not all of them are that way. I have seen several photos of people petting and hand feeding adult green peacocks and peahens so they can be tamed down. Some are probably more wild than others. Here are some photos that are not mine, but some good photos to show the aggressive and non aggressive ones.
Green peafowl are not so much domesticated as the Indian blues or all mutations.
What I can observe on my imported green Imperators is that each bird has his own special character. There is a big variation, between the different blood lines.
When I compare the males I can see that brothers are having a very similar character. But another brother pair is completely different.

Green peafowl are heavy fighters during breeding season. In nature they are defending their territory very hard and the looser has to fly away immediately.
If you keep this in your mind, what happens when you are entering the aviary? The green male will start to fight with you and finally he wins, because you will go out of the aviary when you are finished and he stays still there. So he always wins and will fight next time again for his territory.

The only way to keep this more or less under control is a strict schema which you follow every day.
If you keep green peafowl you have to accept the pure natural character of these amazing birds.

Regards

When you say keep them under control with a certain regimen you follow every day, what do you have to do? Do you just watch your back at all times?

When you say keep them under control with a certain regimen you follow every day, what do you have to do? Do you just watch your back at all times?

I try to go into the aviaries always at same time and use the exact the same routine to do my work. Same working ways and steps. Then they know exactly what is coming next. This they learn more or less to accept. Then it is a little bit when in the wild another animal is coming and going. With this it is possible to minimize the fighting but not 100% (approx. once a week and not every day).
That you always has to control your back during breeding season is a principle, even if it is normally a friendly one.

They are popsted ugh been buseyfinding queens eggs she is not sitting on them im having to incubate them its a ***** sorry I've been busy bee. that photos are now posted up princess wild thing I will have some photos of Queen who is a black shoulder female and her eggs that she is not sitting on **** queen if so high falutin....I am going to do candle teest to see if eggs are fertile hopefully thay are... She was in a pen with a pie ew hope I dont get pies ugh....

They are popsted ugh been buseyfinding queens eggs she is not sitting on them im having to incubate them its a ***** sorry I've been busy bee. that photos are now posted up princess wild thing I will have some photos of Queen who is a black shoulder female and her eggs that she is not sitting on **** queen if so high falutin....I am going to do candle teest to see if eggs are fertile hopefully thay are... She was in a pen with a pie ew hope I dont get pies ugh....
Where did you post photos of your peas, i can not find them
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom