Jellybean

EvansKacie

Hatching
Oct 15, 2018
Hello, I have been leaning on BYC for over a year now since "jellybean" came into our lives. His mother and other ducklings were hit in the highway, in front of my husband June 4th 2017. I received a surprise visit at work from my husband with this tiny little animal in his hand. Hardly recognizable due to the rocks stuck in his little head and from being tossed up and down the highway, he had just went through the most tragic beginning! My husband hands him to me, says please do whatever you can to not let him die. Beings I am an animal lover and have abilities beyond most to understand and care from them it was not the first time someone has asked of me the same thing. I reminded him that he was so little, shock is going to be a really hard one to overcome with him, but i will try. Stayed up for 2 nights all night with him, third morning he was looking at me with these loving glossy eyes and that was the beginning of my life completely changing upside down, i love him like i never knew possible for ducks are pretty cool. But, i do not advise anyone to take on this situation nor a duckling unless you are well aware of the task at hand. Your life is changed 100% to have them, care for them and it is beyond the task of any domestic pet, way beyond. Its very tiring and overwhelming at times and did i mention MESSY, like a lot. You have to compromise like you never have before. For me, patience and love came natural and he is truly love of my life these days, my husbands too. Jellybean rules the roost here, he had some issues from the accident that killed his family causing him to not have all the normal skills wild ones have therefore he is with us, always. Im happy to help anyone in the same spot or thinking about the prospect of duck ownership and have experienced some scares, ups and downs, emotions, and will detour most from doing what we are.

awesome clear.gif
byc-ripple.gif

Hi and welcome to BYC. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 (there's a guide on how to include your location under your avatar - including your location is very helpful). You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom