Jersey Giant Fans, NEED your help!!!! Which one should we keep???

#1 (left) or #2 (right)???

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

princetonpeeps

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 15, 2012
Princeton, MN
My wife and I hatched these roosters in march, and we think its time to sell one of them as they have began to have a power struggle of sorts...

So, our question is which one??? They're both beautiful birds, what do you think???

botom pic is better to me...has the back structure and tail feathers better.. nicer eye's and comb., wattle...nicer drummies to...jeff

What are you planning on doing with the remaining rooster? Is your goal to breed for show, or is it to have a friendly rooster to protect your flock? The decision on which one to keep should be based on the end goal. Pick the friendliest one or the one you like the most if all you want is a pet.

If you want to breed for show, I'd pick the second one. In my opinion he comes closer to the ideal standard for Jersey Giants.

They are both beautiful birds- if they were mine, I'd have a hard time deciding! But, unless there was a major temperament difference, I'd choose #2, because he has better Jersey Giant type, better tail, better back, and more appropriate comb. He also exhibits better depth of body.

Last edited:
Decision may have been made... The bottom bird (#2) jumped at and knocked over our 18 month old over the weekend! Not sure we can put up with that.

Anyone have any advice/experience with birds that are aggressive toward kids???

1. Chili
2. Corn chowder
3. Dumplings

I wouldn't keep an aggressive cockerel with a toddler.

If you want to get into showing find a breeder and see about acquiring started birds. Then you will be sure the birds are a good beginning in the breed and that they have good temperaments.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom