Jersey Giant

ILovetheLake

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Arkansas
I have 3 jersey giants that I got from TSC along with 3 from the pullet bin (no clue what they are) and 3 brown leghorns. These are our first chickens EVER and I had no idea when we got them that some would be roosters! I didn't even know what a strait-run bin was at the time. I still have so much to learn. :-0 So glad I came across this forum.The jersey giants are my favorite. I love the way they look at me...melts my heart. One of the three is HUGE already at 1.5 weeks...nearly double the size of the smallest one. Does anyone know if this means it's probably a rooster? The combs look the same right now...just starting to develop. Also, one of my brown leghorns has different looking tailfeathers than the other two. Is their a way to tell the sex at this age by the tailfeathers? I hope these aren't stupid questions. Thank you!

Size doesn't necessarily mean anything. Our largest chick from our last hatch is a female, while the smallest is a male. Post pictures of your birds here as they grow, and we can give you educated guesses.

Thank you for replying. I'll definitely post pics as they get older. I still have a lot to learn. We are enjoying these chicks so much! The kids have already named all 9 of them.

Back
Top Bottom