July 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

Those worried: I played a youtube video of a chick hatching with accurate sounds, from my phone next to the bator. All of the Day 21 eggs wiggled. Try it. It's very cool. Still no pips.

Those new chicks are so cute!

I gave it a try and one actually shook. Thanks for the tip. What day u on now? Day 20?

Happy Hatch Day! My buff orpington has been broody for 6 weeks now and she finally got what she always wanted. She was broody for 3 weeks then a friend offered me some olive egger eggs and I couldn't refuse. I wasn't sure she would make it another 3 weeks but she did. 4 of the 5 chick have hatched out and the 5th one is working on it. They are BCM x Isbar crosses. Now let's hope they aren't all boys. They are still in the nesting box but the walls are too high for the chicks to get out. I will probably move them into a separate brooding house with mom tomorrow along with food/water. Now to come up with some names!

*continuously loops chick peeping youtube vids while staring forlornly into the incubator*

Don't judge me.

1st pip from my Ayam Cemani eggs!! Hooray!!
wee.gif

Out of 15 eggs, 10 made it to lock down. Of those 10 eggs, 1 looked a bit underdeveloped/questionable... I left it in there just in case.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow!
yippiechickie.gif

I have an egg hatching :) :) :) :D

I can't believe it! Late little boogers! They have had me so worried! I will spare you my excess amount of excitement. It's just too much. My poor daughter was not spared. I woke her up to come look at it & dance around the kitchen with me. Haha

I have an egg hatching :) :) :) :D

I can't believe it! Late little boogers! They have had me so worried! I will spare you my excess amount of excitement. It's just too much. My poor daughter was not spared. I woke her up to come look at it & dance around the kitchen with me. Haha

Congrats. Can't wait to see some pics

Congrats. Can't wait to see some pics

I can't post them here, but I did post a photo of her on Flickr. If you want to see it just look up justascratch (Just a Scratch) on Flickr and that's me. You can tell by the quality that I had to use my phone for the pics of the chick and the incubator instead of my camera, so I am sorry in advance for that. But feel free to look at the other photos too, I don't mind :) you may like the animals.. and I have sooo many peacock photos. Seriously too many for not owning any peacocks myself haha

Back
Top Bottom