July Hatch-a-long

H
To those with broodies; how lucky you are. Like a rotisserie- set it & forget it! Lol

Yes that is how I feel. Set it and forget it
Well, my last remaining egg had died when I candled it before lockdown. :( So, I had a 0% hatch rate. The good news is that I am supposed to be getting a young fav pair from Fancy Favie once the weather cools off enough to ship. I'm excited about that, and hopefullly will be able to hatch some of my own fav eggs next year!

oh no. I am sorry. Wish you luck on the chicks when it cools down

I have a polish chick that's trying to hatch but it keeps bleeding when ever it starts to move and push on the shell I stopped the bleeding once but it starts again and it looks like a lot of blood for a baby because it will drip down the side what should I do any help would be great thanks

KKowa How sad
sad.png
I hope it gets out ok.
hugs.gif

Has anyone ever tried a staggered hatch in the same incubator?
For instance, putting some eggs in the hatching tray for lockdown while leaving some in the egg turner to continue developing? All in the same incubator??

Has anyone ever tried a staggered hatch in the same incubator?
For instance, putting some eggs in the hatching tray for lockdown while leaving some in the egg turner to continue developing? All in the same incubator??

thats what im doing now ;)

Well... disappointed!! 7 of the first 12 hatched, one died mid zip, the others never pipped, i broke em open and found fully formed babies from day 17-19 some had almost all yolk absorbed, i think my humidity was a lil low, so ive bumped it a tad, ive still got 2 wet chicks in there, and the next 8 are in the basket *literally in a basket lmao* and all showed good movement, not surewhen they are due, next day or so, inside looked good and bark, good aircells, could still see a tiny bit of veining, so just another day or so to cook :) the other group still has a lot of veining so they still got another week or so, but jumping bean babies they deff are! removed 2 dead ones, one large egg i saw a mess of sludge sloshing around
sickbyc.gif
the other died probably around day 10 or before... one of my hens who gives me a LARGE blue single yolker almost every time has had bad luck with fertility... those chicks just dont ever make it out of the shell, i may cull her as an egg producer only and take her off the breeder wagon

I smelled something funny when I went to check the temp on the bator. Sure enough one egg was ROTTEN. Glad I caught it before it blew up! I went ahead and candled the rest. Two were black sludge :( So, 39 are still cooking. I'm still questioning the progress of 8 of them. Their shells are either too dark or porous to tell much of what's going on in there. So far, all of the eggs from my Polish are progressing nicely. 3 days until lockdown !

Back
Top Bottom