June 2015 Hatch A Long HAL

Candled my duck eggs last night. Removed 2 so down to 23 duck eggs and 6 maran x eggs ( to dark to see anything). Duck hatch could be interesting, pekin, cayuga, buff orp and muscovy eggs. I cant tell the difference and they were all laying in the same box. Muscovies are 7 days longer in incubation.

my broody eggs hatch yesterday/last night! she ended up with 4!

i candled the eggs in the bator last night.. the majority of them look good! i think there was only 2 of my own eggs that have no development.
the shipped eggs are developing, but at least half of them are saddle air cells. and some are too dark or thick to see what going on yet. Plus... i dropped one when I was putting it back. its still in tact, but its cracked.. so i stopped candling. I felt horrible.
sad.png

congrats on the broody...!!!
woot.gif

With the cracked egg you can try and save it by waxing or scotch taping it. I have waxed one before but it did not develop. But, I know there are quite a few on here that are very successful with the wax or tape!

Candled my duck eggs last night. Removed 2 so down to 23 duck eggs and 6 maran x eggs ( to dark to see anything). Duck hatch could be interesting, pekin, cayuga, buff orp and muscovy eggs. I cant tell the difference and they were all laying in the same box. Muscovies are 7 days longer in incubation.

You have such a nice mix of eggs!

Congrats to the hatching.. Sorry about the cracked egg I know how you feel I've actually dropped a couple of just regular eggs while getting them out of the nesting boxes I get so mad at myself. I'm very attached to everything about chickens.. Lol

congrats on the broody...!!!
woot.gif

With the cracked egg you can try and save it by waxing or scotch taping it. I have waxed one before but it did not develop. But, I know there are quite a few on here that are very successful with the wax or tape!
oh.. i may have to try the wax. its got a "dent" so I am not sure about the tape if it would hold..

Congrats to the hatching.. Sorry about the cracked egg I know how you feel I've actually dropped a couple of just regular eggs while getting them out of the nesting boxes I get so mad at myself. I'm very attached to everything about chickens.. Lol
me too! my daughter opened the door for me the other night and let go before I was in.. it bumped my hand and knocked one of them out of it... the dogs enjoyed it though.. they had it cleaned up mostly before I got paper towels and noticed they were there!

i did learn though.. not to try to carry more than a handful without the basket!

me too!  my daughter opened the door for me the other night and let go before I was in.. it bumped my hand and knocked one of them out of it... the dogs enjoyed it though.. they had it cleaned up mostly before I got paper towels and noticed they were there!

i did learn though.. not to try to carry more than a handful without the basket!

Lol.. Yes I only get 4 eggs but I'm a small person so they barely fit in 1 hand and then I have a flashlight in the other hand. I have 4 pullers minus the one that's setting right now so I was only getting 3 eggs but I have my new flock that should be laying already but just ain't well 1 of them stepped up and finally started laying my welsummer so now I'm back to 4 a day but I wish my 4 buff's would start already..

Oh for heaven's sake :barnie Finally got my broody on the eggs I knew were fertile last night, planned to let her settle on them today, then move her with them tonight into a crate, and today someone apparently bullied their way into her nesting box while she was in there, and they're not big nesting boxes so one egg broke and the broody moved nests to avoid it - after I just put new hay in! Ugh. Tonight I'm putting her and brand new eggs in a crate and no one else is getting in!

Back
Top Bottom